Non-resident US bank account

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Ajax2004, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Daal

Daal

What if I'm not in the uk,us or singapure

#31     Apr 2, 2007
  2. Ajax2004

Ajax2004

No, you don't need to be a Singapore resident.

#32     Apr 2, 2007
  3. Daal

Daal

I dont think Citibank is opening offshore accounts to people from third world countries after their mail a passport copy. Maybe I'm skeptic but I just dont see that happening

#33     Apr 2, 2007
  4. Ajax2004

Ajax2004

There are various options in between opening an offshore account thru mail and being a resident.

Singapore is positioning itself as a money management centre for the region. There are a lot of wealthy Indonesian (3rd Country), Thai, Malaysians etc. who bank in Singapore in these types of accounts for various reasons. Unfortunately I'm not in their wealth category but never mind :)

P.S. I'm not a Singapore citizen and my account was opened using my passport only. On location. I do have residency which was useful in obtaining the card at better terms than for a non residents.

#34     Apr 2, 2007
  5. Daal

Daal

So how I would open the account?

#35     Apr 2, 2007
  6. Ajax2004

Ajax2004

You might want to approach Citibank for that.

#36     Apr 2, 2007
  7. dac8555

dac8555

it depends on what you are using it for as to how you do these things most effectively.

You can open an IB acocunt (for example...and many other brokers) to trade, and simply do international wire trasfers to and from where you live.

do you need to pay bills in the US? or what exactly is the problem? why would you need to opne a US bank acocunt versus simply transferring the money?

#37     Apr 2, 2007
  8. qll

qll

citibank in the usa or citibank in your country?
    do you want to share the country where you openned the us checking account?

#38     Apr 3, 2007
  9. Ajax2004

Ajax2004

dac8555 - read the entire thread.

qll - ditto.

#39     Apr 3, 2007
  10. Hi,

In this web site http://www.usa2beok.com are showed several ways for getting an US Bank Account for Non US Residents, in the sections "Free US Bank Account" and "Debit & Virtual Cards".

Regards.

#40     Mar 13, 2008