non-prop firm advice

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by LuckMan212, Dec 17, 2002.

1. hi guys, anyone got any suggestions for a good, solid firm that meets the following requirements:

* remote trading
    * fasssst execution platform (i'm a microscalper)
    * stable and RELIABLE software
    * ECN rebates for adding liquidity
    * access to all major ECNs (BRUT,ARCA,ISLD,ATTN,INCA)
    * competitive commission structure/ticket charges. currently I am writing between 500-1000 tickets/month but would probably write more if my platform & fee structure was better.
    * mostly concerned with great order entry (hotkeys,etc) but some charting and hotlists (gap up/down/top volume/etc) would be nice

i'm currently trading retail using Realtick and I kind of think it sucks to tell you the truth... very slow to come out with updates (they STILL don't let you put in 1/10 of a penny orders on ECNs for example 5.042) and the software frequently stalls etc.

right now Andover, BrightTrading and ECHOtrade seem like decent choices but I am looking for (unbiased) 2nd opinions... thanks! :D

-Luke

2. H2O

H2O

Heard some good comments on PointDirex.
    You also might check out any firm that uses HammerTrade software.

Good luck

3. checked out Andover and that hammer software is a bit sloppy for me.... (coming from a Realtick platform which is pretty tight --except for the crappy datafeed and poor scalping capabilities)

anyone else got a suggestion for a good (NON PROP) firm with decent software, good fees (<.01/share), liquidity rebates, and some modest charting capability?

if not, hell I will start my own!! it'll be a smashing success, apparently there is no one out there doing this............
    :D