Non-Farm Payrolls

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SethArb, Jun 6, 2008.

1. LT701

LT701

well, at least oil's up BIG

gasoline too, near record high up 14 cents

#11     Jun 6, 2008
  2. Did you notice that little revision of the previous nonfarm figure? If you look at the history of these revisions, it seems that for the last several months its a tendency: positive figure (and also for some time now a positive figure is something that is not as bad as expected), market pops, then nobody cares about the revision, even if it shows blatant lie & manipulation. Rinse and repeat.

#12     Jun 6, 2008
  3. mark2

mark2

Nothing good to say about it... nice 214 point drop...looks like a lot of buy opportunities will soon appear...just be patient

#13     Jun 6, 2008
  4. mark2

mark2

ok.. still waiting....but no entry point for me yet this morning...should have short PCX for around $1plus this morning but scared away by it's strength.... anyway.. no trade so far. Still waiting for the buy opportuniies... I believe they will be here later this afternoon. Let's do something else now..

#14     Jun 6, 2008
  5. they're the result of 2 different samples/serie.

#15     Jun 9, 2008
  6. gwac

gwac

more people looking for jobs who were not in previous months. Students seems to be the big reason.

#16     Jun 9, 2008
  7. gobar

gobar

i guess non farm payrolls will down 49,000

:D

#17     Jun 9, 2008
  8. No the fed didn;t screw it up again. Companies are outsourcing instead of hiring which helps the bottom line.

Stocks will continue to rise because we're in a bull market.

#18     Jun 9, 2008