Non-display fees

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Joan, Oct 6, 2016.

1. terr

terr

Charting the data and showing it on the screen - is that "display" or "non-display"?

#41     Oct 7, 2016
  2. lspdtrdr

lspdtrdr

Non-display... if after charting the program sends an automated order, then it's non-display.

#42     Oct 7, 2016
  3. Joan

Joan

You are being of great help, Robert. Being Lightspeed one of the first companies being audited by NYSE, discussing this with you is being of great help.

#43     Oct 7, 2016
  4. terr

terr

And if there are no automated orders, is it "display" or "non-display"?

That is why I said it is non-enforceable. You fill out the declaration. You say (truthfully, actually), that you are using the data to chart and display the charts. Thus it is not "non-display".

How exactly is the exchange going to "audit" this?

#44     Oct 7, 2016
  5. lspdtrdr

lspdtrdr

There would be one account name for data. I'm thinking of this as a solution for gateway clients. It wouldn't work for APIs connected to the front-end.

#45     Oct 7, 2016
  6. terr

terr

Not according to the language I cited....

"It [non-display] does not apply to the creation and use of derived data."

Charting/indicators are derived data.

#46     Oct 7, 2016
  7. lspdtrdr

lspdtrdr

I agree charting is derived data, but it can only be used for DISPLAY PURPOSES. As soon as an automated order gets generated, it's NON-DISPLAY.

If there are no automated orders, it's DISPLAY.

#47     Oct 7, 2016
  8. terr

terr

Unenforceable.

#48     Oct 7, 2016
  9. Joan

Joan

Unless they unilaterally decide that it's non-display since they cannot control whether you only do charting or not. Which seems to be what has happened to the Lightspeed API.

#49     Oct 7, 2016
  10. terr

terr

Joan: but that's not what's happening (Robert, correct me if I am wrong). If what you are saying were true, there would be no need for the "non-display" declaration.

The use of Lightspeed API automatically triggers the requirement that you, the user, fill out the "non-display" declaration for NYSE. If you do not fill it out, or fill it out improperly, it will be assumed that your use is "non-display".

In the declaration, properly filled and filed, you may specify that your use is not "non-display". Yes, NYSE reserves the right to "audit" that. Exactly how will they do that?

#50     Oct 7, 2016