Nominate Ron Paul = Reelect Barrack Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Aug 12, 2011.

1. rew

rew

I have disagreements with Ron Paul, but on foreign policy Paul is perfect.

#31     Aug 13, 2011
  2. I agree

Imo he's perfect on foreign policy ,civil liberties(voted against the patriot act,fighting against TSA molestation and existence),gun control,drug prohibition ,and the federal reserve and thats more then enough to get my vote

I dont like some of his positions but many issues I disagree with him on he wont be able to get through Congress.As President he will have a lot of control over foreign policy

#32     Aug 13, 2011
  3. What do you call a person who does not know how to spell California, yet calls people such as presidential candidates/members of congress names, yet have others actually agree and comment positively on his comments?

An idiot followed by other idiots is probably not the answer.

#33     Aug 13, 2011
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

That really makes you something closer to a democrat that anything recognizable as republican. I notice that many liberals support Ron Paul. I suppose they just want to see Barrack Obama reelected.

#34     Aug 13, 2011
  5. I think you are assuming Paul's positions constitute pacifism, which I believe is inaccurate. I think he would vigorously defend the US and its vital interests. He merely is pointing out that our vital interests are not implicated in most of these places. Recall that four years ago he was regarded as almost unpatriotic for advocating that we get out of Afghnaistan and Iraq. Now his views look prescient.

Would any president actually go to war with China over Taiwan? Of course not. We pretend we would and the Chinese pretend to be angry about it, but the status quo suits everyone and there is too muchmoney involved for anyone toscrew it up.

Korea? Why should we have troops defending South Korea, whihc has a population and economy several times the size of the north? If the North hits them with nukes, of course we could annihilate thme, but why should 30,000 US troops be caught in the crossfire?

Ron Pal makes a point that many don't want to accept, namely that we just cannot afford all this any longer. Whether it's good policy or not is an interesting debate, but he's right. We can't afford it, so we don't have any real choice.

#35     Aug 13, 2011
  6. A win for Paul is our only hope. Unfortunately, in the false left right paradigm, your choices next year are going to be Perry and Obama.

Of course it probably won't matter to begin with, because the inevitable economic collapse will probably occur before the new president takes office.

"The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies, one, perhaps, of the Right and the other of the Left, is a foolish idea acceptable only to doctrinaire and academic thinkers. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can throw the rascals out at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy. Then it should be possible to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party, which will be none of these things but will still pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policies."v

-Carol Quigley

#36     Aug 14, 2011
  7. rew

rew

The Republican Party has been taken over by nasty, war mongering neocons. Plenty of good paleoconservatives are against our policy of world policing and endless war. I am not a Democrat because they are pro-illegal immigration, favor discrimination against whites, and like high taxes and big government. Come to think of it, the neocons favor the same things. After all what is Bush's Medicare prescription drugs entitlement if not more big government? What is the TSA if not more perverse, Constitution shredding big government? And has any neocon ever tried to get rid of so-called affirmative action? So a neocon is a Democrat who likes war. Senator Joe Lieberman left the Democratic Party for exactly the wrong reason -- they aren't pro-war enough. He is the epitome of a neocon (and was considered to be a likely running mate for McCain in 2008).

The soldiers dying in Iraq and Afghanistan are not dying for our freedoms. They are dying in vain, for no fucking good reason at all.

#37     Aug 14, 2011
  8. I doubt it.I think a lot of confused people will change their minds and vote for Paul over Obama

#38     Sep 22, 2011
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Good argument. I've decided to vote for Ron Paul if he is nominated. I'm also willing to vote for Barry Goldwater if they reanimate him and he wins with nomination. ABO for President!

#39     Sep 22, 2011
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

We've really got to talk about that nasty buffet you're serving at breakfast at the hotel. Disgusting!

#40     Sep 22, 2011