Nomad journal (nOOb)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by elpropio, Oct 29, 2009.

1. elpropio

elpropio

Hi Traderzones, welcome to my journal.
    What a meant is that I will dedicate this months to deep my knowledge, because I never had the opportunity to dedicate 10 or 12 hour in a day to research, trade or study before. I was always too tired after work or have to study for the Open Uni, to take it seriously and dedicate the time it needs.
    But last month have been great! I have learnt so much and paid the price for it, and still manage to break even after today trades. At least I didn't blew up the account (yupi yahaya! :D ) which was a possibility that I was prepare to take, in my learning curve.
    This year I'm taking less courses at the Uni, to dedicate more time to trade.
    If from time to time you show up and see something to improve my trading, please leave a comment, you are very welcome.

#31     Dec 7, 2009
  2. sounds good. One comment is, don't risk real money until you are semi-regular profitable on paper. I suggest you consider one of the audit sites as a timertrac.com is free, collective2.com, theta research and a few others. What you would pick really depends on what/how you trade.

also, a few brokers like openecry and I believe Interactivebrokers will let you do a free demo account, at least for a couple of weeks.

Something many newer traders do not grasp, is trading statistics/metrics. You should become very familiar with Profit Factor, Sharpe, Drawdown analysis, and others. If you "win", it helps you understand whether you are profitable or just sloppy/fortunate.

#32     Dec 7, 2009
  3. elpropio

elpropio

Tesco is closed at the open. The big drop before quartely report caught by surprise, the trade was closed below my SL, but managed to break even. The result shows a rise of sales, so I'm expecting Tesco to rise again.
    Buy Tesco again @427

#33     Dec 8, 2009
  4. elpropio

elpropio

Tesco is closed. This was a bad trade, but not very harmful due to SL. I should wait longer after the previous trade was stopped too.
    Lesson taken.

#34     Dec 9, 2009