Nolan makes a great call re: monday's action

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nolan, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Nolan

Nolan

Yes, I was able to capitalize on my call. I bought SPX's and QQQ's on the lower opening , and road them out pretty much all day.

I believe I mentioned I was interested in the QQQ's,and I will make sure to let the board know exactly what I'm targeting (besides making a call).

iceman calling maverick...

#31     Mar 18, 2003
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

He made this call on 3/16 sunday Zboy......How much more of a "tip the hat" do you need....I for one think he made a good call that he may or may not be able to make in the future.......

A better call was made on the surf report by optional777 on the cubes, very well thought out IMO:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5285&perpage=6&pagenumber=135

#32     Mar 18, 2003
  3. prox

prox

even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while

#33     Mar 18, 2003
  4. Perhaps I didn't state it correctly. What I meant was the difference between trading on what you think the market "should" do, and trading what the market actually does as it does it. As I said before, I didn't need to guess ahead of time which way the market was going to profit from it just the same as Nolan, I waited for the actual market action to unfold. It's really analogous to trying to call tops or bottoms exactly, or waiting for the top or bottom to establish itself before entering. Sure, you may miss the exact top or bottom, but it's a lot safer.

#34     Mar 18, 2003
  5. Nolan

Nolan

say this and have it come true in 2 days !!

"The stochastics on the QQQ are quite bullish at this moment, and I suspect further rally this week to 1400 on the Nasdaq Comp."

where did the comp close today??? 1400 !! BINGO!

#35     Mar 18, 2003
  6. I second this

#36     Mar 18, 2003
  7. Nolan

Nolan

is directed towards me ?? I'm honored!!

let's see, you saw this thread, and decided you need to become a member, to tell me I need to make a few more good calls ??!!

I'm honored!!

#37     Mar 18, 2003
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

no, he just made up another ID and log on, whoever he is.

#38     Mar 18, 2003
  9. TG

TG

Great traders don't sit around talking about "calls", only kids who think they are. Just look at the candles for the past days and read them like real traders do.

#39     Mar 18, 2003
  10. Magna

Magna Administrator

Bingo. :)

#40     Mar 18, 2003