Nolan makes a great call re: monday's action

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nolan, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Trane

Trane

Nolan,

Smiles form the channel of a future tear...

Sincerely,
    Lord Byron

#21     Mar 17, 2003
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Nolan,

You made a good call, and I hope you made tons of money off it, that it wasn't just theoretical. In any case, it's pushing it a bit for someone who joined EliteTrader 6 days ago to start a self-titled thread named Nolan makes a great call... and even moreso, turns it into a poll. Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. :confused:

#22     Mar 17, 2003
  3. Actually, successful trading over the long run happens not by betting ahead of time which way the market will go, but moving with the market after it's tipped its hand as to which way it's going. For instance, I didn't need to guess which way the market was going today to make a bundle, I just waited until it tipped its hand and rode it out for the day.

That said, congrats on a good guess. I hope it put some good cash in your account.

#23     Mar 17, 2003
  4. Not a great call in my book...especially when the move has been telegraphed for WEEKS and on the lips of every trader I know.

Nolan - post YOUR trades - talk is cheap.

#24     Mar 17, 2003
  5. making a call and making money can often be two separate and distinct things! Next time post how you're playing it... what positions you're in and the like.

And also remember Patton's (George C. Scott's) famous recounting of Roman soldiers returning from the battles reminding their Generals... that

All Glory is... Fleeting!

:D

Ice :cool:

(wonder if this nolan is "vinny" or "abra" or mrmarket ?)

#25     Mar 17, 2003
  6. fourcups

fourcups Guest

One thing i allays say give credit where it is DUE! It is due for the call..Keep up the good work.Just remember that jealousy is an emotion and most people can't control it!You should feel sorry for those people.BUT GREAT CALL NOLAN!!!:D

#26     Mar 17, 2003
  7. I can't belive I just wasted almost 2 full minutes reading all five pages of this lousy thread.

:(

#27     Mar 17, 2003
  8. shyhh

shyhh

Keep up the good work :)

#28     Mar 18, 2003
  9. the way i see it is who gives a &%$# what you said...because good traders react to whats happening and not predicting whats going to happen.....but serioulsy good call...... :cool:

#29     Mar 18, 2003
  10. you wasted 2 minutes....... i wasted 5 years working on not having an opinion.

#30     Mar 18, 2003