NoDoji's Trading Plan Development

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by NoDoji, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Haaaaaah...that pretty much sums up my sentiment as well and I read his original book

#51     Mar 3, 2012
  2. NoD consistently makes $90k using only $10k trading oil futures.

She is also a home school parent.

Sounds contradictory.

You think she blew up?

Say it ain't so, Joe.......

#52     Mar 4, 2012
  3. NoDoji left enuf stuff here. She did more than many real live traders will ever do. She is altruistic, and I think she finally realized that humans more often than not bite the hand that feeds them.

#53     Mar 4, 2012
  4. +1,000,000

#54     Mar 4, 2012
  5. piezoe

piezoe

Thank you, NoDoji, for your clearly written posts these past few years. In the past, I have traded as best illustrated by the "geez" thread that you once gave a link to. I find markets evolve, however, and I have evolved with them to avoid getting eaten. I no longer find these "price action" methods productive for what I trade. I don't share your admiration of Dr. Brooks methods, nor in particular his writing style, if you can call it that, but I have great appreciation for your contributions to ET. This is where I hang out during trading boredom, and I have read your exceptionally well-written posts over the years. Thank you so much for paying attention in junior high English class. I wish Al Brooks had done that.

Should you decide to write a book on trading, and I wish you would, I'll be first in line to buy it. Good trading to you.

#55     Mar 4, 2012
  6. Well done Steve. Its so easy to be an asshole when you're hiding behind an anonymous handle.

If NoDoji has left ET, which isn't at all clear from this thread, pissing on a person as they leave just proves what a low quality individual you are!

#56     Mar 4, 2012
  7. lwlee

lwlee

If she blew up, why would she want to "share" her trading plan. I would feel guilty passing along something that didn't work for me. Some other guy believes her hype and tries to give it a go and subsequently blows up. I would imagine it repeats and multiple people will read this thread in the coming years and try to implement something that didn't work. She seemed like a nice person so I don't think she would intentionally do something like that.

#57     Mar 4, 2012
  8. I have had the good fortune to share considerable time trading live with NoDoji in Skype and have read many if not most of her posts here on ET. I think it's safe to say she is a much better writer than Al Brooks, and I would not be at all surprised if she could trade him under the table on a % basis.

NoD is the real deal, but unfortunately haters gonna hate.

Farewell NoD and many happy "returns". :cool:

#58     Mar 4, 2012
  9. BCE

BCE

Some of you, the bashers especially, seem to have missed the point. She's not saying everyone should use Al Brook's method. Not at all. And she's not putting down anyone else's method. She's saying to be successful in trading, as with most other things in life, it takes hard work. It takes a commitment and focus to do the research and spend the time to find out what trading plan can be successful for you, and then find out how best to implement it. And then doing the actual work of trying it out, and adjusting and reworking it. And then dealing with all the psychological issues that come up while trading with your real money.

All of this takes a lot of work. And most traders are looking for a short cut and want to skip the work part. I've traded quite a long time myself on and off. And I'm working now too on developing a much more clearly defined plan for the instruments I trade now. And one designed for this current market. Thanks for reminding me, NoDoji, with your own work, to be more specific and structured in doing mine.

Here's a quote of mine from an earlier forum on the attitude I see from a lot of traders that aren't willing to do the work. :
    NoDoji, as was mentioned, is a very altruistic person. And, with all humility, I'm that way too as anyone reading my posts can tell. This is one way she and I connected maybe, although we never talked about it specifically. I'm here to learn and to help other people as best as I can. When I look at other people I see them as myself. If someone needs help I instinctively jump in. There's the concept of pay it forward. People have helped me along the way, so isn't it only right that I voluntarily help someone else that may need it? This attitude makes life rewarding.

To the bashers I'd say if you didn't find value it what NoDoji offered you'd be in the mega minority. And that's okay. But why bash her? People that find a need to bash others reflect their own unhappiness, confusion, and insecurity. This is self centered activity. And most people see that in your posts. Just a heads up to you. Perhaps you're just jealous of someone that worked hard to be successful and was willing to reach out to others with altruism and compassion, one and all, to share that success.

Best wishes to everyone here.

And know the place for the first time
    - T.S. Eliot -

P.S. BellaDonna,
    If you see this I'll be in touch on Skype. I have a lot going on right now and I'll be in touch once things are more settled. Have a great week. :)

#59     Mar 4, 2012
  10. I say we start taking donations for a larger-than-life sized bronze statue of Al Broo...I mean...NoDoji, to be placed prominently on the front lawn of Elite Trader's Corporate Headquarters!
    I'll start it off by donating everything I've made trading the notorious price action setup called: failed failures that fails. Remember to place your entry stop order at 1 tick above the failed failure that failed. Take whatever profit you can.

#60     Mar 4, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.