NoDoji's Day Trading Log

Discussion in 'Journals' started by NoDoji, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Another down day: -9883, coming rather close to erasing my previous 3 weeks profits.

Start of day: Got stopped out of two of my swing trades (CLF and CSIQ) very early for a combined $10,760 loss. Just as well to be stopped out of CLF, as it went significantly lower before bouncing. It didn’t occur to me to play the bounce, because I think I have a psychological block against trading a stock that just hit me hard. I need to firm up my mental toughness in that regard because the bounce and ensuing short opportunity on CLF were very clearly signaled and I could have recouped my entire loss based on how I select entry points.

Shorted CCL with a very tight stop, which triggered for an additional $100 loss.

Had a very nice trade shorting DF for a $830 gain.

Toward the end of the day, had a quick $130 gain on a SYNA short.

Shorted SYNA again before the close, as it’s trading at an 8-month high and has pulled very far from its SMAs, and should pull back a bit before any further rally.

DRYS swing trade came very close to my stop today, but rebounded. That would’ve added ugly to ugly.

Have I mentioned that I’m a very solid day trader? Anyone in chat hear me use the “swing” word gain, reach out and smack me :eek:

#21     Aug 5, 2008
  2. Great journal NOD. You already know this, but maybe it will be good to hear it from someone else besides yourself. Today's loss was just that, today's. Tomorrow is a completely new day. Good luck.

#22     Aug 5, 2008
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

Thanks, Jon! For some reason yesterday was tougher than today, even though the loss was smaller. Today I was glad to put those trades behind me, and proud of myself for climbing back on the horse today instead of walking away. Outside these swing trades, I'm averaging a very steady $1100 a day. I've only a couple of these potential losers left; who knows, they may end up profitable. What upsets me more than the loss is that I was watching APWR half the day and missed the break out of consolidation! ---Donna

#23     Aug 5, 2008
  4. That's a nice average!

#24     Aug 5, 2008
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

+ $476.84 :)

Covered my SYNA short this morning for $910 gain.

Got a 200 of 500 fill on MRX short and covered for a $76 gain.

Scaled into a RIMM short at average price 126.16. Shorted this one too soon. RIMM follows the market and it was still creeping upward. Cover order at 125.95 is active in after hours.

DRYS swing trade was almost stopped out for a $6K loss, but rebounded. I guess investors figured a P/E of 4 was a bargain. I had a bracketed order in place and when DRYS started to reach for 71, I opened the order to place a stop just above break even. The order entry screwed up and by the time I was able to enter a stop it had pulled back and I was taken out at a $450 loss.

Still holding those POT calls, looking for that late August ag stock rebound...

#25     Aug 6, 2008
  6. NoDoji

NoDoji

oops, blotter attached

#26     Aug 6, 2008
  7. nice, nod

#27     Aug 6, 2008
  8. What broker/software do you use for trading?

#28     Aug 6, 2008
  9. NoDoji

NoDoji

PowerETradePro. I have a new account with IB and plan to switch over sometime soon.

#29     Aug 6, 2008
  10. Nice trading Nod,

Way to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on. !!!

#30     Aug 6, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.