Nobody thinks anymore

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Master Pu, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Did you watch the video to the end?

#11     Apr 3, 2021
  2. I would not dare cast judgment on something I have not observed fully. So yes, I did. And I found it hypocritical of him to speak of casting own judgment on financial media after he fell into the exact same pit and displayed how he lost big time in day trading by not rigorously testing his own approach but just dabbling in sending orders according to what he heard and read from others. Then he fucked up his own personal life and made his wife leave him and he casts judgment on the tech arena after he was cast out and ejected from the same. He appears to be someone who thinks everyone around him is wrong for all the wrong reasons. If he lived an exemplary life then that would lend credence to him. But someone who fucked up in almost every area of life talking about how everyone else got it wrong is hypocritical. What is he up to these days other than being a youtuber?

#12     Apr 3, 2021
  3. "... I appreciate that most people are not in such fortunate position..." - you.

So maybe, this video was made for the unfortunate ones?

#13     Apr 3, 2021
  4. Perhaps you attach too much value to his intent. What if it was just click Bait.

#14     Apr 3, 2021
  5. I don't know what his actual intent was, we are still debating it, fuk knows why. Go away already, I want to waste time on something else now LMAO

Only JKing, have a good day whatever you up to.

#15     Apr 3, 2021
  6. JSOP

JSOP

Yeah I totally agree with you. Original thinking is totally awesome but is not needed in every single situation and decision-making process in our lives especially when it comes to routine and mundane and tedious situations like where do you shit. Your parents have brainwashed you to always shit in the toilet. Are you or do you think you need to invoke some original thinking to all of sudden explore and test in double-blinded trials to see where is the most optimal place to shit inside or outside the house? True original thinking is great but there is also great value in collective wisdom. People before you have already done the research, have already done the tests, trials & errors to have discovered and confirmed theories and things, why do you still need to waste your time and energy to apply your "original thinking" to repeat what others have already done especially when you don't even have the capacity or the means to do all the discovery and tests? That to me is inefficient and stupid.

Where you need to be smart is to decide when to listen to others and adopt others' ideas and when to do your original thinking and over which decisions. A happy medium is the best. You don't want to be totally reliant on others without having any of your original thoughts nor do you want to waste your time and energy, both of them precious but limited resources to do "original thinking" to repeat what others have done. The smartness is able to make the best choice. This is what the video maker needs to learn. How to be smart in making choices and not treat everything black & white. Just because someone listens to others and adopts others' ideas does not mean he/she is stupid and just because someone is doing original thinking all the time doesn't mean he/she is smart.

#16     Apr 3, 2021
  7. JSOP

JSOP

Ok so he's just somebody who's never learned to take responsibility over his own action and never thinks he is wrong. If he is wrong, it's because he is too good, too nice, and too accommodating, too smart... and it's always other people's fault that everything is bad in his life. He is perfect of course. LOL The world is littered with people like these. I was even once like that myself once upon a time.

One thing though he is NOT going to succeed in trading because it's always the market's fault and the guru's fault. He is always correct. LOL So instead of donating his money to Wall Street, it might be better for him to stick with being a Youtuber (a very original endeavour) and maybe do some freelance coding on the side. At least that way he won't be losing money. The worst that he gets is nothing.

#17     Apr 3, 2021
  8. You know what they say......arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics.

#18     Apr 4, 2021
    caroy likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Heh, at least winning the Special Olympics gets you a physical medal which you can sell on eBay.

#19     Apr 4, 2021
    caroy and clockwork71 like this.
  10. VicBee

VicBee

I listen to a lot of people, and from as diverse backgrounds as I possibly can. Others ideas and my experience help craft my own ideas.
    However, in trading I find that it's very important to trust your own judgment, to build confidence in your decision making process because the outcome is instantaneous. Decisiveness is key. Ultimately, trading is an educated guess, yet, there are hundreds and thousands of research and people with and without trading experience who pretend to know better and are quick to belittle your decision making process.
    As a consequence, traders can be obtuse and come across as arrogant, unwilling to challenge their ideas. Either people with such personalities are attracted to this type of work and/or become molded by this type of work to have that personality.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    #20     Apr 5, 2021
    shuraver, Bad_Badness and DiceAreCast like this.