Nobody Can Find Any Ammo - Not Even The Cops

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 22, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

Are the Feds trying to buy up all the ammo?

The nationwide shortage of ammunition has left many police departments scrambling to get their hands on the necessary rounds - with some even bartering among each other.

Meanwhile, Rep. Timothy Huelskamp (R-Kansas) says the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has failed to respond to multiple members of Congress asking why DHS bought more than 1.6 billion rounds in the past year.

Police Chief Cameron Arthur of Jenks, Oklahoma says, "Ammunition and assault weapons in general have skyrocketed...In addition to the fact, not only is it a lot more expensive, but the time to get it could be six months to a year, or in some cases even longer."

Arthur says he is waiting on an order placed last October and that many departments have begun to trade and barter with each other because of the high demand.

"Most police departments are having a very difficult time even getting the necessary ammunition for handguns, shotguns and especially rifles," Arthur said.

"With the delay in ammunition, some departments are limiting the number of rounds they carry in their handgun because of the shortage of ammunition. We get to the point where it is difficult to have enough ammo to train and also equip the officers."

Chief Pryor of Rollingwood, Texas says of the shortage:

"We started making phone calls and realized there is a waiting list up to a year. We have to limit the amount of times we go and train because we want to keep an adequate stock."

"Nobody can get us ammunition at this point," says Sgt. Jason LaCross of the Bozeman, Montana police department.

LaCross says that manufacturers are so far behind that they won't even give him a quote for an order.

"We have no estimated time on when it will even be available," LaCross says.

He worries that when ammunition is finally available the high price will squeeze the department's budget.

"The other options are to reduce the amount of training and things like that," he said.

The Hamilton County Sheriff's Department has also cut down on firearm training due to the high cost and low supply of ammunition.

"The concern over firearms availability and ammunition availability and potentials of gun control certainly has impacted the availability of ammunition purchased locally," Sgt. Jody Mays says.

He says the department has cut a third of their normal in service firearm training:

"It's forced us...to use ammunition more economically."

Police Chief John Mabry in Marinette, Wisconsin says, "Ammo is expensive and lot tougher to get. People don't have it in stock and it's back-ordered."

His colleague, Menominee Chief, Brett Botbyl agrees: "We're looking at a four to nine-month wait."

Some departments have even applied for grants to pay for the high-priced ammunition.

"The Florence Police Department is looking for some help filling its clips," reports Cincinnati.com

Chief Tom Szurlinski says the grant would go a long way given the price and limited supply of ammunition.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwy...beg-and-barter-ammo-while-dhs-buys-16-billion

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I've got some .45 ACP on it's way. I buy in small lots though. I have a M1A 20 round mag on back order. I found some .308 for about a $1 a round I may get some of that soon.

But to the premise of your thread. I'm not much on conspiracies, but I wouldn't put it past Odumbo to try and buy up all the ammo. Think about it, it is kinda a way to circumvent the 2nd amendment without bothering with congress, tax payers or voters.

3. How difficult is it for the manufacturers to ramp up production? What about Russia? There used to tons of Russian surplus ammo available. Why don't they ramp up production? Or divert it here?

You'd think there would be some serious money to be made here.

Same deal with AR's. All sold out. I suppose it is difficult for the manufacturers to ramp up production overnight, and they might doubt that the demand would last long enough to justify it. You'd think SWHC and RGR would have tripled this year by now, but they haven't.

I know I wish I had bought or started a company making AR's a few years back.

4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Luke,

It's in stock, and ready to ship: http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=MG762LE&src=tpSlrHm

I bought ten cases of it immediately after onazi got re-elected with his vote buying scheme which sadly worked. This is good ammo for what you pay. It's Magtech, made in Brazil.

5. LEAPup

LEAPup

AA,
    I have a gun store near me that stocks around 7,000 guns. They have some Daniel Defense AR's going for less than a grand new in the hard case. Pm me if you want their contact info. They say they will match any dealer's price in the US.

6. pspr

pspr

It's ironic that the gun and ammo industry has been the shining star under the Obama tenure! :D

7. LEAPup

LEAPup

And yes, for those who've been asleep at the wheel, the gubment is buying up the ammo as they want to dry up the market, and prepare themselves for a civil war that is imminent thanks to their NAZI policies!:mad:

Guys, ammo is sold this way:
    1. Gubment
    2. Law Enforcement
    3. Civilian market

The cops can't find it as the gumbent has pulled what I'll call, "operation dry it up" with their EVIL spending and EVIL intentions.

Did any of you know there are actually FEMA camps already staffed by fed employees?:eek: :eek: :mad: Do any of you think these camps have been put together for a small pox outbreak? Lol! Don't think so! These camps are tee totally for an outbreak of civil unrest, followed by revolution.

And before rcg or ak lunatic shitheads attack me, I have US Military Commissioned Officers in the Family who have CONFIRMED this to be a FACT.

Good luck folks. We're gonna need it.:(

8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Onazi is the BEST gun salesman who's ever lived! Bar none! Why? He's a Communist, and the smart people know it. The smart people are actually able to open a history book and see what happened when a tyrant came to power...

9. Lucrum

Lucrum