NObama's Plan in Action

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gnome, Oct 25, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

Yesterday on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read "Vote Obama, I need the money." I laughed. Once in the restaurant my server had on a "Obama 08" tie, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference--just imagine the coincidence.

When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need--the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I 've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful.

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient needed money more.
    I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.

2. Uh, you FORGOT ONE THING no-brain!

Both the homeless guy AND the server are in their respective positions BECAUSE of the grubby policies of Bush and the greedy right-wing "trickle down" hypocrites who mismanaged this country over the past 8 years!!

How do you like them apples?!

3. Nice try attention whore.
    In real life,
    Waiter would get a tax cut
    homeless guy, nothing
    you did nothing but deprive a hard working man from well his deserved wages and in a incredibly mean move, reward the homeless guy, not out of charity, compassion or altruism, but in a lame and pathetic attempt at division . sounds like the GOP to me.

You have no decency

4. The Republican policy seems to be to take the tip money, walk out on to the street, and throw it at a Limousine.

5. gnome

gnome

Sounds EXACTLY like NObama to me... Other than the fact the Gummint would "handle it in between".. and scrape off some vig, of course.

Interesting how the same facts elicit opposite views..

6. gnome

gnome

Oh, you think it has been "only 8 years"? We've had a DemoCrap majority legislature for the last 2 years. What has changed during their reign?

I understand your venom for Bush, as I share it too.

But you're choosing to view the world with tunnel vision.

I like Charles Barkley's quote... "Poor people have been voting Democrat for 40 years, and they're still poor."

7. That's what those "incentive cheques" did, too.

Remember those?

8. Nope, can't be compared. A Graduated tax bracket system makes perfect sense. mostly because of the diminishing law of returns when it comes to money.
    If we were to follow your system, and optimize the flow of money everywhere The US army ought to pay based on the risk of being killed in war vs peace times, a reverse auction is to be held, where soldiers going to Baghdad would be paid outrageous amounts of money. Why is someone who is dying for your freedom is paid peanuts when you're sitting on your fatass doing nothing to defend your country.

Why is it that fi you divorce , you have to share 50 % of your wealth with someone who if left on her own, would probably have made 10 % of what you have made. This is an outrageous form of communism to me.

You're not capitalists, you're anarchists.

9. Mercor

Mercor

Be careful next time you eat there. Smell the food first.

You have shown the reality. Only difference is that the $10 will cycle first through Washington then through some state and local orgainzation such as Acorn. In the end the homeless guy will only get $2.

On taxes rebates and welfare checks that the top 5% are paying for. I know many finanical advisors putting program together to avoid the higher taxes for he wealthy. Obama is going to find out that he will not raise the revenue he thinks form the 5%. These people are 5% for a reason.

10. I like your story, I'm going to try it out if I come across a similar situation.

Maybe I'll change some obamabots minds, doubtful though. :p

#10     Oct 25, 2008