Noahs Ark found. (Good Video Evidence)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Apr 28, 2010.

1. #41     Apr 29, 2010
  2. You call this link a source?! http://www.rnrk.com/story17.html

I urge anyone to go to this website, and try to contain your laughter if at all possible! Did you create this website in 1995 in your parents' basement?

#42     Apr 29, 2010
  3. :D :D :D

Perfectly logical!

"Something" happened after the flood that changed everything.

Why did god arbitrarily decide to change man's life span from 900 years to 120 years? Silly god, always doing strange things for no reason....oh wait, I forgot. I'm not supposed to ask questions like this because I cannot possibly begin to know why god does what god does because I am only a lowly human!

#43     Apr 29, 2010
  4. PatternRec

PatternRec Guest

When a poster uses a website designed for children to support their assertions, you are obligated to bow out of the discussion.

Arguing with a child or an adult with a child's mentality makes you look like a...

...meanie. :)

#44     Apr 29, 2010
  5. 151

I'm not taking a side on this issue, but your post reminds me so much of an episode of "myth busters" I watched once.

The myth buster guys tried to recreate a steam powered canon supposedly designed and built by Davinci.

When they were unable to make the cannon work as legend told, they determined the stories were not true.

Basically they decided if they could not build it then neither could Davinci.

hilarious!

#45     Apr 29, 2010
  6. Wallet

Wallet

They are still trying to determine exactly how the Pyramids were built to such exact details yet they exist.

I bought a toaster from Walmart a few weeks back and the thing already is messing up, my mom has one given to her as a wedding gift circa 1960's and the thing works great.

Newer and more technically advanced isn't always the best.

#46     Apr 29, 2010
  7. thats why we have this thing called science. science looks at the evidence and makes a determination.
    in this case we know the limits of the technology of the time. we know the limits of the available wood of the time. we know the limits of the ability to seal the wood seams of the time and none of it is possible even with todays technology.
    now if the only evidence against the bible myth was ark technology we could still consider if there was something we dont understand.
    the problem is every other piece of evidence shows there was no flood to begin with. if there was no flood how much time do you spend trying to figure out how a mythical man built a mythical boat in a mythical flood.

you might be in need of some education on the flood. start here:
    http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/p82.htm

A History of the Collapse of "Flood Geology" and a Young Earth
    adapted from the book The Biblical Flood: A Case Study of the Church's Response to Extrabiblical Evidence (Eerdmans, 1995) by Davis A. Young, an evangelical Christian geologist from Calvin College

#47     Apr 29, 2010
  8. the gullible are fooled once again:

"Now, after further investigation on Mount Ararat, Randall Price, a Judaic studies expert at Liberty University, and geologist Don Patton have issued an in-depth critique on the matter, standing firm in their contention the evidence shown to international news media was actually material transported from the northeastern Turkish town of Trabzon near the Black Sea, and transplanted atop Ararat as part of a movie production about Noah's Ark."

#48     Dec 7, 2010
  9. jem

jem

free thinker - for years you were saying our universe does not looked designed.... and you argued with me when I said top scientists said it did..... your aggressive denial the possibility of a creator is beginning to look ignorant.

“When I began my career as a cosmologist some twenty years ago, I was a convinced atheist. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that one day I would be writing a book purporting to show that the central claims of Judeo-Christian theology are in fact true, that these claims are straightforward deductions of the laws of physics as we now understand them. I have been forced into these conclusions by the inexorable logic of my own special branch of physics.”

- Frank Tipler (Professor of Mathematical Physics) Tipler, F.J. 1994. The Physics Of Immortality. New York, Doubleday, Preface.

--

The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books - a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects.”

- Albert Einstein
    ---

Astronomy leads us to a unique event, a universe which was created out of nothing, one with the very delicate balance needed to provide exactly the conditions required to permit life, and one which has an underlying (one might say ‘supernatural’) plan.”

- Arno Penzias (Nobel prize in physics) Margenau, H and R.A. Varghese, ed. 1992. Cosmos, Bios, and Theos. La Salle, IL, Open Court, p. 83.

---

It is, for example, impossible for evolution to account for the fact than one single cell can carry more data than all the volumes of the Encyclopedia Britannica put together.”

“It now seems to me that the findings of more than fifty years of DNA research have provided materials for a new and enormously powerful argument to design.”

-Anthony Flew
    Professor of Philosophy, former atheist, author, and debater

---
    There is a wide measure of agreement which, on the physical side of science approaches almost unanimity, that the stream of knowledge is heading towards a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like a great thought than a great machine. Mind no longer appears as an accidental intruder into the realm of matter. We are beginning to suspect that we ought rather to hail mind as the creator and governor of the realm of matter—not of course our individual minds, but the mind in which the atoms out of which our individual minds have grown, exist as thoughts.”

- Sir James Jeans knighted mathematician, physicist and astronomer who helped develop our understanding of the evolution of stars, wrote this in his book The Mysterious Universe (Cambridge, 1931).

--

16O has exactly the right nuclear energy level either to prevent all the carbon from turning into oxygen or to facilitate sufficient production of 16O for life. Fred Hoyle, who discovered these coincidences in 1953, concluded that “a superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology.”

- Hoyle, Fred. “The Universe: Past and Present Reflections,” in Annual Review of Astronomy and Astrophysics, 20. (1982), p.16
    (for more of these coincidences click here)

---

“If you equate the probability of the birth of a bacteria cell to chance assembly of its atoms, eternity will not suffice to produce one… Faced with the enormous sum of lucky draws behind the success of the evolutionary game, one may legitimately wonder to what extent this success is actually written into the fabric of the universe.”

- Christian de Duve. “A Guided Tour of the Living Cell” (Nobel laureate and organic chemist)

--

http://www.simpletoremember.com/art...science-quotes/

and there more at that link...

#49     Dec 7, 2010
  10. jem when every piece of evidence ever found falsifies the bible stories is there some point that people like you will give up believing that primitive myths are true? isnt it time you grow up? even the catholic church rejects intelligent design as scientific:

Vatican Event to Exclude Intelligent Design

Speakers invited to attend a Vatican-sponsored congress on the evolution debate will not include proponents of creationism and intelligent design, organizers said.

The Pontifical Council for Culture, Rome's Pontifical Gregorian University and the University of Notre Dame in Indiana are organizing an international conference in Rome March 3-7 as one of a series of events marking the 150th anniversary of the publication of Charles Darwin's "The Origin of Species."

Jesuit Father Marc Leclerc, a philosophy professor at the Gregorian, told Catholic News Service Sept. 16 that organizers "wanted to create a conference that was strictly scientific" and that discussed rational philosophy and theology along with the latest scientific discoveries.

He said arguments "that cannot be critically defined as being science, or philosophy or theology did not seem feasible to include in a dialogue at this level and, therefore, for this reason we did not think to invite" supporters of creationism and intelligent design.

#50     Dec 7, 2010