Noahs Ark found. (Good Video Evidence)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Wallet

Wallet

That's the whole fallacy of your scientific thinking, you start under the assumption that the Ark can not exist, therefore any evidence of such must be false.Creation must come from natural circumstances because you start with the premise that God doesn't exist. So any evidence that would suggest Intelligent Design must be false.

I've left open the question of authenticity, as it was reported in the news, you on the other hand have already dismissed it because of your beliefs not fact. If if turns out to be true, a 4000 year old boat 4000 meters up the side of a mountain what does that mean?

By the way, for those commenting on the Flood. what caused it and what Noah did and didn't do, you all need to study Genesis chapters 6 & 7. Most are incorrect.

#31     Apr 28, 2010
  2. wallet a thinking man might come to that conclusion based on the scientific evidence. what evidence you say?
    1. the dimensions of the ark make it an impossibility to construct. the science of engineering falsifies the story.

2. through the science of geology we have searched the earth and have never found evidence of a flood. on the contrary all evidence falsifies the flood.

3.the science of archeoloy has never found a pattern in the fossil record that indicates a flood migration of animals. on the contrary all fossils are found where they should be.

4. the science of meteorology has concluded that it is impossible to rain long enough to flood the earth.

5. the science of math has concluded that the ark could never hold all the species on the earth.

6. the science of hydrology shows that there is not enough water on earth to cover the earth to the highest mountian.

7.the science of dendrochronology shows us that there are trees on earth older than the proposed flood that show no signs of a flood.

with knowledge after studying all of these things and many more why should i even consider an ark story written by stone age men a possibility?

#32     Apr 28, 2010
  3. Wallet

Wallet

All I did was quote a news source, the fact that those looking for a particular object "the ark" was noted in the story, but no conclusion on any thing was given in the story.

You have noted a source debunking the story, a source which I find objectionable.

Again, I've made no assertion regarding the veracity of the story, waiting more information, but if it turns out to be a 4000 year old boat 4000 meters up the side of a mountain, what would you conclude from such evidence.

Again you need to read Genesis chpts 6&7.... Noah wasn't instructed to just bring 2 of every kind of animal, and it says the water from below the earth came up in addition to rain. Science has proven that in times past there was much more water vapor with an increased barometric pressure than presently on our earths surface.

#33     Apr 28, 2010
  4. please wallet. think,read,research before you post these pratts. you are just making yourself look foolish:
    http://home.entouch.net/dmd/canopy.htm

The Demise and Fall of the Water Vapor Canopy: A Fallen Creationist Idea
    by Glenn R. Morton

#34     Apr 28, 2010
  5. Yeah...you got me there. I mean an elephant is how big? 2.5 ft when its a baby? I have NO idea how they could fit 2 of those in something that is 500 feet long, 85 feet wide and as tall as a 5 story building. To give you a better idea of how much space was in Noahs ark, the total cubic volume of the ark was 1,518,000 cubit feet or about 569 modern railroad stock cars.

Assuming the average animal to be about the size of a sheep and using a railroad car for comparison, we note that the average double-deck stock car can accommodate 240 sheep. Thus, three trains hauling 69 cars each would have ample space to carry the 50,000 animals, filling only 37% of the ark. This would leave an additional 361 cars or enough to make 5 trains of 72 cars each to carry all of the food and baggage plus Noah's family of eight people. The Ark had plenty of space.

#35     Apr 28, 2010
  6. Not sure what that structure is atop Mt Ararat.

I believe this is the ark.
    The evidence is overwhelming.

I met the guy and questioned him personally.
    He had a considerable number of other proven discoveries as well.

http://www.wyattmuseum.com/noahsark.htm

#36     Apr 28, 2010
  7. http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html#fitting

#37     Apr 28, 2010
  8. 1. Guess that big boat in Holland is a figment of my imagination (and to millions of others too then.) http://www.rnrk.com/story17.html

2. People have found fossils of marine life high on mountains. I PERSONALLY once found a fossil of coral that was 2800 feet above see level.

3. Every time you find fossils they are generally always very close to each other in in a pit like area. When they found our supposed ancestor "Ida" they found a crushed monkey hand and a smashed turtle shell in the same pit.

4. Unless of course a large comet (which is made of ice) melted as it entered our atmosphere, exploded and rain from the comet poured down for 40 days.

5. Ernst Walter Mayr the 20th century LEADING evolutionary biologist(thats right...he's YOUR boy) said there are about 1 million species on the earth. (uh-oh....I might be in trouble here) Oh but then again, most of those species already live in the water. Heres a nice little site for you. (dont worry, you can trust it because the site believes in evolution *snicker*) http://www.earthlife.net/mammals/welcome.html As you will see taxonomists estimate there are 4260 mammals on earth as of this moment (since some of those mammals are water dwelling and some mammals have gone extinct in the last 5000 years and taxonomists think their may be more species of animals, lets just say there was 5000 land animals on the ark. Double it (because 2 of everyone and you have 10k animals. Plenty of room on the ark for up to 50k animals like i said in another post, but lets move on to your next issue.

6. People like you believe Mars that has almost no water was once covered in it, but you cant believe that the Earth that is 70% water was once 100% covered? Also did it ever occur to you that maybe with the weight of all that water on the earth that canyons in the oceans may have collapsed (like sinkholes) which is why the water receded.

7. Ah...I have to give you some credit for the dendrochronology I really had a tough time finding a way to dispute the tree rings. Everytime I found something, i studied it, but found myself to be in error.(like multiple rings per year solution, periods of solar quiescence) but they all proved to be false. Fortunately the answer was in the bible. Something happened after the flood that changed everything. Men used to live 900 years and it wasnt until after the flood that God said man would live no longer than 120 years. This leads us to believe something happened with the atmosphere which of course would affect the interpretation of carbon dating and dendrochronology for any time past 4500 years ago.

As for you last comment. How hard are you going to crap your pants if they do excavate (with your atheist breathren of course) and find a huge giant ship up on that mountain. Im VERY curious as what you will say, although you will probably deny it.

You can lead an atheist to evidence,but you cant make him think.

#38     Apr 28, 2010
  9. Wallet

Wallet

ROLF!

#39     Apr 28, 2010
  10. my god(zues) the ignorance astounds and amazes. i am only going to deal with this one right now. i am laughing so hard i am having a hard time seeing.
    do you have any education at all? this boat is not floating on water. the reason large wood boats the size of the ark are impossible is because on water boats have to span swells. this causes them to flex. wood does not have the strength to span that distance. the longest wood boat we ever built was almost 100 feet shorter than the ark and it was not seaworthy because it leaked. that boat had the benefit of steel to reinforce the wood. the ark would not have had reinforcement.
    The Wyoming was a wooden six-masted schooner, the largest wooden schooner ever built. She was built and completed in 1909 by the firm of Percy & Small in Bath, Maine.[1] The Wyoming was also one of the largest wooden ships ever built, the longest wooden ship ever built, 450 ft (140 m) from jibboom tip to spanker boom tip, and the last six-mast schooner built on the east coast of the US.

Because of the extreme length of the Wyoming and its wood construction, it tended to flex in heavy seas, which would cause the long planks to twist and buckle, thereby allowing sea water to intrude into the hold (see Hogging and sagging). The Wyoming had to use pumps to keep its hold relatively free of water. In March 1924, it foundered in heavy seas and sank with the loss of all hands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyoming_(schooner)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogging_and_sagging

#40     Apr 28, 2010