No1Trader.com domain for sale

Discussion in 'Trading' started by No 1 Guy, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luisHK

luisHK

Elitetrader.com, a privileged cocoon on the web for those who hate speculators, merchants, entrepreneurs, as well as all related diseases of finance and capitalism.

Sometimes I think Baron needs a couple of altermondialist sponsors, they would fit just fine.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    #21     Nov 26, 2016
    newwurldmn likes this.
  2. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

What makes No1trader.com any more "brandable" than nbr1trader.com ?

#22     Nov 26, 2016
  3. Or "NumberOneTrader" ?

#23     Nov 26, 2016
  4. That's not any different then buying land, or buying hot/rare items...then selling them on eBay for a nice profit. -- it's the free market :cool:o_O
    Anybody who criticises someone for this is most likely jealous that they didn't have the foresight to see it. (no offense to anyone)

Rick Schwartz is a famous domainer...who started early in the mid 90's and bought famous one word domains for essentially nothing and sold them for millions years later. http://www.erealestate.com/ http://www.ricksblog.com/

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    #24     Nov 26, 2016
  5. Xela

Xela

The fact that "no." is an acknowledged, hugely widespread, immediately recognised, immediately understood abbreviation of the word "number", and "nbr" just isn't.

That makes the two enormously different.

I could sell one (though admittedly I wouldn't try to do it just by listing it at Sedo and announcing the fact in trading forums!), but not the other.

I promise I'm not trying to be impolite to you, but if you can't instinctively see that, you'd be well advised to stay away from the domaining business!

#25     Nov 26, 2016
  6. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

No offense taken. I'm not in the business of domaining, and have no desire to be.I still don't see the value in one over the other though. The use of "no" or "nbr" or "number" isn't going to magically produce site traffic and revenue. It would be idiotic (in my view) to pay orders of magnitude more for something that creates no additional value.

#26     Nov 26, 2016
    Xela likes this.
  7. Xela

Xela

No, this is perfectly true. But the domaining business (unlike the website business, the SEO business and so much else pertaining to selling things to online businesses) isn't so much about traffic and revenue.

It has more in common with (for example) the "vanity registration-plates" industry for cars.

I don't altogether disagree with you. But my (former) experience in the domaining business leads me (pretty strongly) to believe that I could sell one and not the other. (I'm not saying I'd have paid more than reg-fee for it myself, but to be fair it is one I'd have registered, given the chance, and I think it's potentially "worth" $100/$200 or so.) $10k is obviously dreamworld stuff, we can agree. ;)

#27     Nov 26, 2016
    IAS_LLC likes this.
  8. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

This is total horseshit. Nobody in 2016, that is sane, would pay anything above $100 for that domain, purely because there is no awareness, there is 0 brand awareness in that domain name. #joker

#28     Nov 26, 2016
  9. comagnum

comagnum

Or you could have this one for only $2.99 Any trader that is worthy of calling themselves a #1 trader would be a complete fool to pay more than $2.99 for thier own domain. Besides the title is over the top arrogant unless you happen to be George Soros.

upload_2016-11-27_1-58-46.png

#29     Nov 27, 2016
    VPhantom likes this.
  10. VPhantom

VPhantom

So swiftly. They forced me out of my own full name until after years of waiting they finally slipped and I jumped on it. Still can't get my last name. They also are preventing me from buying back a domain I used to have in 1995-1999. Little did I know back then how much 3-letter domains in the big TLDs would become "worth"...

#30     Nov 27, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.