No white male construction workers need apply

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dis, Jan 22, 2009.

1. So he only wants to exclude 20% of white people and allocate that amount on hiring people who have no skills to do the job properly but simply be hired because they're minorities or are living below the poverty level.

OK, that makes it so much better! Not too mention safer for the 80% of the contractors who have to work with them.

Thanks for posting the transcript as spells out in detail how idiotic these guys are!

#51     Jan 26, 2009
  2. Trader200K

Trader200K

20% inequality is like being 20% pregnant.

If you give a man or woman something they haven't earned, they pay for it by debiting their self-esteem.

Debit the account long enough and you lock in behaviour they can't escape. Turn on T.D. Jakes on Sunday morning. There is no other preacher that speaks to this stronger. Look at his congregation. They sparkle. They are full of life. Then look at the others that choose the dole. Cosby and Jakes are right.

Why would any rational, thinking person support the opposite?

Personally, the US Tax code is making those of us that work into even worse second class citizens. Work and Save...and your kids don't get an equal shot at scholarships, no equal shot at college entrance ...you can't get a deduction for IRA contributions... and tons of other "you can'ts" because some bureaucrat thinks you are "Wealthy". No "points" given for "work".

To be honest, as much as I love America, I have begun to think long and hard about becoming a Pacific emigree.

The way I feel right now, I would exit to a Singapore of the West in a heartbeat. Jim Rogers is right.

======================

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
    You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
    You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
    You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
    You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
    You cannot build character and courage by taking away initiative and
    independence.
    You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they should do for
    themselves.

--Abraham Lincoln

#52     Jan 26, 2009
  3. There was a racist by the name Ro-bert
    And Rob the racist was very alert
    When his words threatened him he never got hurt
    He knew just what to do

He'd duck and cover, duck and cover
    He'd hide his head and tail and four little feet
    He'd duck and cover!

He hid beneath his little shell until the coast was clear
    Then one by one his head and tail and legs would reappear
    By acting calm and cool he proved he was a hero, too
    For finding safety is the bravest wisest thing to do

And now his racist friends are just like Robert
    And every coward is very alert
    When danger threatens them they never get hurt
    They know just what to do

They duck and cover, duck and cover
    They hide their heads and tails and four little feet
    They duck and cover!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_tKAg5KIuQ

maybe hannity can make a commedy thing on this

#53     Jan 26, 2009
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Doesn't President Hussein consider himself a student and or admirer of Abraham Lincoln?

Then why are his views the exact opposite of Lincoln's?

#54     Jan 26, 2009
  5. At least now you guys are debating what he actually said.

Carry on.

#55     Jan 26, 2009
  6. Oh, and if anyone cares, the second quote from Mag Lite is not from Lincoln, but from a KKK book entitled "A Historical Romance of the Ku Klux Klan."

Lucrum's quote "from Lincoln" is naturally also not from Lincoln -- it's from a guy named William J. H. Boetcker who was nothing at all like Lincoln.

So, in short, the thread has an incorrect title, misrepresents what Robert Reich stated, then ends up with KKK quotes and attributes them to Lincoln.

Truly uninformed debate.

Carry on.

#56     Jan 26, 2009
  7. You guys are like a bunch of lemmings . . . only lemmings probably have a much higher IQ. :D

There are 10 pages of incredibly ignorant commentary in this thread based on the incorrect assumption that Robert Reich is currently an economic advisor to President Obama, let alone holds a cabinet position as one.

You guys are so amazingly stupid, and your reading comprehension is even worse! The more you idiots post, the more FOOLISH and downright laughable you are.
    You have zero credibility.

Congratulations, and thanks for the laugh!

http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/cea/members/

:D :D :D

#57     Jan 26, 2009
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help small men by tearing down big men. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatreds. You cannot establish security on borrowed money. You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man's initiative and independence. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

* Actually a statement by William J. H. Boetcker known as "The Ten Cannots" (1916), this has often been misattributed to Lincoln since 1942 when a leaflet containing quotes by both men was published.

#58     Jan 26, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

There is no room for two distinct races of white men in America, much less for two distinct races of whites and blacks. I can conceive of no greater calamity than the assimilation of the Negro into our social and political life as an equal... Within twenty years we can peacefully colonize the Negro in the tropics and give him our language, literature, religion, and system of government under conditions in which he can rise to the full measure of manhood. This he can never do here. We can never attain the ideal Union our fathers dreamed, with millions of an alien, inferior race among us, whose assimilation is neither possible nor desirable.

* This is from a fictional speech by Lincoln which occurs in The Clansman : An Historical Romance of the Ku Klux Klan (1905) by Thomas Dixon, Jr.. On a some sites this has been declared to be something Lincoln said "soon after signing" the Emancipation Proclamation, but without any date or other indications of to whom it was stated, and there are no actual historical records of Lincoln ever saying this.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln

I'm not sure how reliable wikiquote.org is as a source. Maybe someone else has experience with them.

I enjoy history, but I hate it when it's "revised" to further an agenda. Even if the revision is pleasing to my relatively conservative ears.

#59     Jan 26, 2009
  10. And that's why he has absolutely NO position in President Obama's Administration.

But you ( and all of your "buddies" on this thread ) didn't know that because you forgot to turn your brain on.

It's a good thing that you guys don't have to ever go up against a high school debate team, cause you'd get absolutely CRUSHED by a bunch of 11th graders!

Now please do the rest of us a favor, and list what colleges you graduated from . . . I want to make sure that my kids don't go there for an "education." :D

#60     Jan 26, 2009