No Way There Is A 50 Basis Cut Tomorrow---

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by increasenow, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Fed bank needs to RAISE rates! Get rid of all the sheister banks, blow out the small fries, get this country to BREATHE and start over again. Help us settle down, y'know?

This guy needs some chiba...looks kinda like cat stevens too
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#11     Jan 29, 2008
  2. You guys need to do some research on the Great Depression. If Ben wasn't pumping massive amounts of liquidity into the economy we'd be heading for a Second Great Depression, then you guys would be crying fowl because you're broke, unemployed, hungry, sick, etc....Big Ben has some massive Big Balls and he is absolutely doing the right thing. The Fed will cut by .50 tomorrow. After he's finished thank him for it. He didn't cause this mess but he is doing an excellent job of fixing it.

Go do some homework and educate yourselves before you criticize others. Google, "Economic Conditions Great Depression" and read closely. The conditions present before that era are almost identical to the conditions that are present now. The Federal Government messed up by tightening credit.

#12     Jan 29, 2008
  3. Raise Rates? Why, so you can lose your job along with 25% of the work force? Go study the causes of the first Great Depression and come back and tell us again the Fed should raise rates. The Fed adopted a tight credit policy back in 1929 and they made a bad situation worse. Do you really want to see that again?

#13     Jan 29, 2008
  4. Was sarcastic man...that's why i say Cat Stevens (but they do look similar) :D

Raise rates to blow everyone out sure would rock everyone with poor concepts of finance

#14     Jan 29, 2008
  5. My apologies milehigh :(

:(

#15     Jan 29, 2008
  6. The Fed is not the Federal Government.

They wouldn't be able to get away with that again - Depression era, business and the public have no liquidity, so "let's cut back on liquidity even MORE because it just makes sense that will HELP the situation!"

Now they can go the opposite route - though Greenspan DID warn everyone against irrational exuberance while he was stoking it with low rates for so long. But listen to what they say, don't watch what they do....

#16     Jan 29, 2008
  7. if they do...many will doubt the leadership of Ben Bernanke..

#17     Jan 30, 2008
  8. One poster here said the Fed should raise rates by 400 basis points. Another nitwit said "we should nationalize the hedge funds." LMAO :D That's my personal favorite. Nationalize the hedge funds. What a total barking moron.

A lot of people who post here don't have even the remotest idea of what they're talking about.

#18     Jan 30, 2008
  9. !!!

#19     Jan 30, 2008
  10. Shit's going down town...fucking bernanke obivously smoked the red dragon and got some his whipstick sucked by the obama massage parlor and did the right thing...

I'm fucking long as moon pies...

ride the dragon...

#20     Jun 10, 2009