No war=Better market?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kastro_316, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Hey everyone!

I was wondering, if diplomacy works and there is no war (US/Iraq) Will the market rise? I Heard from someone that if there is no war, the markets will shoot up? is the correct?

And if there is a war, how back will this effect the markets?

Thanx

2. if we go to war: stock prices will fluctuate
    if we don't: same scenario

:D

3. Yea, thats what i thought! Damm Iraq! lol.....

This might (No will) Sound kinda dumb, but you know how all of you say the markets these days are not as good as they use to be? Well, what would make the markets better? Like why are the markets so bad right now? What makes them bad?

i just wanted to know what could make the markets better for day Traders?

Thanx Guys!

Have a good day!

4. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

No War is better short term but there will be long term
    consequences.

It's better to have the War and get it over with so we
    don't have to blame every down day with 'Iraq Worries'.

With the quick troop buildup, there is a high probability
    war will begin within this month.

5. Perfectly said.

The question to ask is.... how will intermediate and longer term corporate profits be affected? Because ultimately, that and the anticipation of that is what drives the markets.

If we don't go to war, is your company going to buy new computers? Is it not doing so because we might go to war?

6. This seems to be a classical example for TA: The markets are going to rally if we go to war and they are going to rally if we don't go to war. TA says they are going to rally because they are a little oversold. And it will be right whether we go to war or not.

I don't really know if the world understood Bush's speech today when he said that the Iraqi people had "suffered long enough under this tyrant". I agree that they have, but I think he shouldn't label himself a tyrant.