No Uptick Rule on ARCA?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by ShortIgnorance, May 15, 2003.

1. Bsulli

Bsulli

http://www.tradearca.com/exchange/routing.asp

Specific details from Arca's website explaining how they handle shorts for both Listed and Nas. Clearly says the rules of the away market dictates how the short is handled.

Bsulli

#11     May 16, 2003
  2. JK9

JK9

Yep, and if you don't route to an away market (i.e short against ARCA's book) there is no short-sale rule.

#12     May 17, 2003

3. Wow, what a feature.

#13     May 17, 2003
  4. fat_slut

fat_slut Guest

that is pretty amazing. so I could use the CHX to short on an UPTICK? get outta here!! i had NO idea they would allow you to short an uptick there!!! :D :D

#14     May 17, 2003
  5. Swipe

Swipe

Go figure, THEY used to say if there was no uptick rule the markets would get crushed, but now there was a way around the rule for 4 + months.

The exchange this is available on had the fastest % positive increase out of all the exchanges for the past few months.

Drop the dwn tick rule and the markets will go higher!!! Pitch that one to the SEC, NYSE and NAZ.

LOL

#15     May 17, 2003
  6. With respect to ARCAEX...you can simply enter a sell at the bid plus 1 cent...How could you use the ARCAEX to your advantage on IB...

Didn´t Protrader start this in 1998...

#16     May 17, 2003

7. meant on a downtick....Im surprised your in this forum, since it concerns trading,. the only thing you trade is saliva with your dad....scurry back to chit chat before i say a prayer that you die in a car accident again:D

#17     May 19, 2003