No Tuition, but You Pay a Percentage of Your Income (if You Find a Job)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Banjo, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. Or we can ask why it costs 40, 50K a year or more to sit in a lecture hall with a hundred other students listening to some leftist pinhead while learning nothing of substance?

3. So you prefer to have your doctor's, lawyers, accountants, etc to be uneducated fucktards haha.
    Also you think every professor is a liberal? You need to go back to school because I have been in involved at the university level as well as 2 post graduate degrees and still consulting at one business school and meet as many conservatives as I do liberals.

You need to get out more :)

4. ElCubano

ElCubano

exactly. Why has it outpaced just about everything in price increase? Then come out and get a job 20 degrees away from what you studied...hahaha

CaptainObvious likes this.
  5. What I prefer is that people put some thought in to which field of study they're going to pursue and quit crying about unemployment and loan debt after getting their liberal arts degree. And yes, the question does need to be asked. Why does college cost so much? A better managed government loan program would cut costs dramatically. Colleges just raise their tuition and it's an automatic, unquestioned increase in how much the student loans go up. It should not be so automatic.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  6. You know what is funny is that loans for college go through multiple hoops based on income/need/parents income and are difficult to get for those with some money but not rich enought to afford college outright.

Grad school loans are almost automatic, only question is whether they are subsidized or unsibsidized, not whether you will get them.

I wish it was the other way around. I have spoken to some parents who overuled some choices of their kids because they just could not afford it, even if they got in.