No Trading Curbs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pumpanddumper, Jul 24, 2007.

1. nitro

nitro

Sorry I meant circuit breakers where trading stops, not curbs.

nitro

#11     Jul 24, 2007
  2. Damn those curbs!!!!!!!!!!!

#12     Jul 26, 2007
  3. I'm sorry that curb was for NYSE not the DOW. I'm not impressed. This is a weak sell-off like the rest.

#14     Jul 26, 2007
  4. "I have noticing that ever since the SEC changed the shorting rules a few weeks ago, the market volatility (VIX) has exploded!"
    This has added lots of excitement to the markets.

#15     Jul 26, 2007
  5. piezoe

piezoe

Don't be concerned, we haven't even got to the 1480 level yet, but it looks like we will today! There is plenty more downside coming to warm the hearts of traders everywhere. We are only down 4% on the S&P. I'd be very surprised if we did not correct at least another 4%, and more likely another 6%. And given the market's recent penchant for excess, in both logical and the illogical directions, and also considering that we have only begun to take the steam out of real estate and correct for the Greenspan liquidity bubble, i wouldn't be surprised to see a 20% "correction" by late Fall. Oh how sweet it is to be flat at the end of the day.

I, like so many others, saw this coming by early 2006, but had no idea when it would hit. In early May of 2006 I went largely to cash in my investment accounts, then by early summer when i saw that the market was not ready to turn, i re-entered and held until we hit 1540 in 2007 -- I then went to cash once more in these accounts. This time my timing proved to be a little better.

This will be, of course, as many of us have being saying for 18 months now, the worst real estate collapse in our lifetimes. The market, and most of the not disinterested parties, ignored that fact for many months. Now it is becoming increasingly difficult to maintain credibility while pretending not to see the elephant in the room.

I have some very nasty things to say about various political operatives, and how their actions, for their own personal reasons and prejudices, contributed to excesses in the market, but i must hold them for another forum, because, as we know, this is a forum for polite gentlemenly and lady- like behavior only. Pardon me while i adjust my teapot cozy.

#16     Jul 26, 2007
  6. I hear ya man...

This is awesome though. I think I just saw -300 in the DOW.

MY DXD just hit $50..sweet

We need continuous selling tomorrow as well but it won't happen...

#17     Jul 26, 2007
  7. Unmitigated, unbridled selling.

#18     Jul 26, 2007
  8. Deja vue?

Bring in the curbs tomorrow one time!!!!!!!!

#19     Aug 9, 2007
  9. the short tick rule disappearing recently is one factor that has added to the volatility in this market & the range expansion will stay with us for a while, this the beginning of a new trend. imo

#20     Aug 9, 2007