No suprise here

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Sep 21, 2010.

1. So you then suggesting that blacks, moreso than other ethnic groups, have a greater sense of entitlement because of the way they were brought up.

You might want to put that shovel down now, CO.

#31     Sep 22, 2010
  2. If you define brought up and conditioned as the same thing, then yes, that's why. Black people are the most highly manipulated group in the country, by both the left and the right. They are now extremely predictable, which is the way our "leaders" want it. To be honest, this applies to the majority of the population regardless of color, but blacks were the easy target because of the oppression their ancestors were forced to endure.

#32     Sep 22, 2010
  3. Perhaps if you replaced skin tone with socio-economic rank then you might have a strong point. As it stands, when you use a blanket term it invalidates your logic.

For example: Blondes have more fun.

Does that include morbidly obese, over 50, blonde men? Has a similar study been conducted to evaluate how much fun brunette and redhead men in the same group fare?

What you have is anecdotal evidence based on casual observation. As a consequence, regardless of the tenets that support your premise, the premise itself is flawed.

#33     Sep 22, 2010

4. Hahahahahaha, he threw a curve ball to confuse the fellows who were sure he's an asshole. :) :)

(purely from memory .... verify correctness by watching the clip)

JW: You be Ten Bears?

TB: I am Ten Bears.

JW: I'm Josey Wales.

TB: I have heard. You're the grey rider who wouldn't make peace with the bluecoats. You may go in peace.

JW: I reckon not.

TB: Then you will die.

JW: I came here to die with you - or, live with you. Dyin ain't hard for men like you and me - its livin that's hard when all you've ever cared about has been butchered or raped .... Now we'll only hunt what we need to live on and when winter comes we'll jerk beef for our long journey - the bear lives here, the antelope and so will we. The sign of the commanche will be on our lodge. Governments don't always give you a fair word or a fair fight. I'm here to give you either one and take either one from you. That's my word of Life.

TB: And your word of death?

JW: Its in my pistols, my rifle and in your guns. I'm here for either one.

TB: Its sad that governments are cheapened by the double tongues. There's iron in your words for all comanche to see. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men such as us. ....... pause .............. It shall be Life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eg9A4k_z1Q&feature=related

(I just reviewed it - my memory sucks :) )

#34     Sep 23, 2010
  5. Somewhere on the net is an academic piece which basically sums up that black people are child like. It was written some time ago and has many valid points.

#35     Sep 23, 2010
  6. Ahhh, I love the smell of racism in the morning, it smells like, it smells like victory:D

#36     Sep 23, 2010
  7. I really didn't mean it in a racist way, but one should be aware of, point being, easier to manipulate. You can choose to ignore it, for the pc benefit it brings, others capitlaize on it.

#37     Sep 23, 2010
  8. Many unconscious racists out there. Any stereotypical phenotype of any ethnic group is by definition, racist.

No less racist than me saying that the white man is responsible for every major war and genocide on the planet. Or the white man is responsible for slavery, or the white man is responsible for polluting the planet, or the white is......well you get the point.

So just because you didn't "mean it" in a racist way, doesn't mean that it wasn't.:)

#38     Sep 23, 2010