"No Stop" Forex Trading?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by increasenow, Apr 24, 2010.

1. filter

filter Guest

instead of doing tradings without stop, you should focus on fine tuning the entry, such that you see profit almost immediately after you hit the buy button.

if you look at the charts, some entry points are always not re-visited, and the price and the way it moves around these points have some predefined patterns if you stay in the game long enough.

for whatever time frame you choose to trade, there are 3 bars you can target as your profit area.

#11     Apr 30, 2010

2. What are you, on crack? This is the dumbest thing I have seen in a long time. You would be GUARANTEED to blow up. Not "if" but "when".

#12     Apr 30, 2010
  3. siki13

siki13

I must say i never seen in my life anyone so untalented trying
    to succeed in this business.
    You manage to consistently ask most dumbest
    naive questions like you start trading yesterday.
    If there is ~10 levels you have to concur to became profitable
    i think you`ll never past the first one.
    I could be wrong , maybe you are a teenager and your brain is not fully developed yet so i shouldn't be saying all this.

#13     Apr 30, 2010
  4. Lethn

Lethn

Buy Low Sell High, simple rules that everyone in trading seems to have completely forgotten.

#14     Apr 30, 2010
  5. LOL

You never know. Like they say, an expert is someone who has made all the mistakes it's possible to make in a narrow field of application.

20 yrs from now it could all just click into place.

One thing I'd recommend is for Increase to burn out ideas and not just dabble in them. You have to really know how big an idiot you were and not just assume you were an idiot for trying an idea, because when the golden path is stumbled upon it will require more blood, sweat and tears than the dumb ideas stole from you.

Either way you have to pay the price.

#15     Apr 30, 2010
  6. yea...keep trying...asking questions because...

Thomas Edison failed 10,000 times before he invented the light bulb!!!

#16     Apr 30, 2010
  7. Stops are for whimps, or was that lunch?

#17     Apr 30, 2010
  8. trends reverse. with no stops, bad timing once means the end of your trading career.

#18     Apr 30, 2010
  9. 1st you must understand that while demo trading can give you a feel for the real thing, it can also be one of the most "devastating to your account tools" that there is if you allow that. This is very simply because there is no substitute for the emotions traders experience when they have their real money on the line vs simulator money.

I typically trade only with "emergency stops" placed well out of the current trading range for the time frame that I happen to be trading at that time in case of a power or internet outage while I am in a trade.

If I am trading for a longer term trade, my stop location is based on my entry. A good entry and I can have a tighter stop, a not so good entry and I will enter with a smaller position and possibly scale into the trade - then place a stop at break even or small profit asap so as to limit or negate any risk and exposure.

#19     Apr 30, 2010
  10. MGJ

MGJ

Have a look at Wealth-Lab and other places where lots of mechanical trading systems are measured. You'll find an entire category of systems that don't use stops; often they are described as "Market Orders Only" types of systems.

The simplest example is a Channel Breakout Pure Reversal System which trades on the next day's open. Something like:
    Code:
    If(today's high > Highest(High, 50)) then
         Reverse to long on tomorrow's open

If(today's low < Lowest(Low,50)) then
         Reverse to short on tomorrow's open
    There it is: no stops. Market Orders Only. Simple and obvious.

#20     Apr 30, 2010