No Spreadsheet Needed

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Jack.Yarn, Aug 24, 2017.

1. "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark"

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    comagnum likes this.
  2. I wonder why?

comagnum likes this.
  3. It isn't that there isn't huge differences in earnings in the more equal countries. It's that it isn't allowed to get out of control through progressive tax rates and who is the main bearer of taxes.

Here are different arguments. The menu of solutions offered:

4. I agree that USAs tax code is a Rube Goldberg machine and is in grave need of either a rewrite from scratch, or a massive overhaul.

Sadly, the republicans are selling it as "Tax Reform" to the ignorant, when in fact it is window dressing to give tax cuts for corporations and the top 5%. People that can't even spend what they have now if they lived ten lifetimes.

Get ready for even more extreme levels of inequality. What the endgame here is I don't know, but I think the Kraken will be unleashed soon [Trump is just a bench-warmer compared to the real Kraken]. Estimate? 2028.

5. The Estate Tax stands at 20%, and these people want to lower it further.

Ask a simple question.

Note how the guy dodges the question continuously, pretending he doesn't understand by answering a different question, repeatedly. All he has to do is survive the limited time by obfuscating it up with pure and utter shit.

In spite of all that, this guy Mulvaney folds like a lawn chair.

6. The estate tax should be eliminated altogether.

The government has "taxed the shit out of us" all through our lives. And if we manage to have some left over, one final tax... on assets previously taxed... the estate tax. BULLSHIT!!

tommcginnis and qxr1011 like this.
  7. Are you worth more than $5,000,000?

8. Besides the fact it's none of your business, why do you ask?

It's the "principle". Not the amount.

tommcginnis likes this.
  9. Ok, let me rephrase it to ease the snowflake.

Why don't you look into what the estate tax law actually is, then come back and how the law it is affecting YOU.

What a cuck.

#10     Aug 24, 2017