No Sound after Installing Video Card.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bearbelly, Jul 2, 2006.

1. I have not been able to get any help with this problem and I suddenly thought of this board as I know there are some tech savvy people here. I installed a Nvidia Gforce 6600 video card and now I have no sound. I can uninstall it and the sound is fine so I know its something to do with the video card. I have never had this sort of problem before and am at a loss. There is nothing in the user manual to give a clue. I wents so far as to install another pci soundblaster sound card that I have it it does not work either.I have not been able to find a support site for the supplier. Does anybody have a clue what the problem might be or a site that may help me?

This is a pci express card.

2. gnome

gnome

Might be a problem with the driver for either... which will be fixed in a later version.

Perhaps you can uninstall the sound card and activate the onboard sound temporarily.

3. Bob111

Bob111

make sure, that you sound card is enabled. go start->control panel->sound and audio devices, click on audio tab and check,if you card is there. maybe for some reason,when you install video card driver, it screw those settings?