No silver left in town!

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by peilthetraveler, May 9, 2011.

1. I wish silver price keep dropping. I need to buy some coins, just waiting for right price, local dealers are start charging ridiculous premium now(to order, no inventory).

#11     May 9, 2011
  2. Sunshine mint produces so many thousand ounces per week. Of course somebody is going to get them, but the fact that any one of us calls and tries to pick up 1k oz of silver, we absolutely can not do it. What this says is that all the big firms are buying up so much of their silver, they can not meet all the orders so they cant take any new ones until maybe september. This is also shown the limited supply when you go to the local coin shops and they cant pick up the silver. Of course the big guys will be the last to run out of silver and then thats it...demand will push the silver prices to insane levels.

#12     May 10, 2011
  3. Who cares? You're long silver. Big deal? You guys act like it's going to somehow save your lives or something. It's a piece of metal. You guys are so nuts, if there were a shortage of iron ore, you would have steel beams sitting in your front yard the very next day.

"McD's was out of Cheeseburgers last night. I freaked out, went to Wendys and bought as many double stacks as I could. "

#13     May 10, 2011
  4. Let me guess... You must be long then? :)

#14     May 10, 2011
  5. zdreg

zdreg

thx for the silver buy signal.

#15     May 10, 2011
  6. They also are paying $3 over spot to buy your silver eagles, which is unheard of. Expect a 3 week delay, at the very least, on your orders.

Yes, their prices have gone up significantly over the last few years.

#16     May 10, 2011
  7. I don't see any posted bids.

#17     May 10, 2011
  8. I would post a link, but then I thought about how obvious it is to see where their buy price is listed right when you go into their Silver Eagle category, and I said why bother.

I will correct myself by noticing that they have dropped their bids by a buck and originally they sent out an email to all their customers advertising their $3/spot about two weeks ago. Regardless, I would never sell to them, real bids are at $5 over spot.

The dealers are getting their allotments by US Mint this week, should be interesting to see how quick it sells out.

#18     May 10, 2011
  9. #19     May 10, 2011
  10. Keep bidding up those tulips.

From their own website:
    APMEX Buy Price - $40.35*
    APMEX Sell Price for 1 coin: $45.36

*The buy price is for transactions exceeding $10,000.00. For transaction of less than $10,000.00 the price paid will be at the discretion of APMEX and may be less than what is displayed here.

May silver futures for physical delivery: 38.505 bid / 38.53 ask

#20     May 10, 2011