No Series 7, No Trading Education, Little Experience, Which Prop Firm?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by nmanjee, Jan 6, 2010.

1. snowbren

snowbren

LOL Comedy with the spam...

Well, I was in the same boat and looked around at the options. SMB looks to have a great focus on training and mentoring. I also checked out The Angle Group (was my first exposure to seeing the Lightspeed platform and live trading). Gaining access to a demo platform helps, but profitable trading outside the demo is hard for the newbie (myself included)...good luck finding your niche!

#11     Mar 18, 2010
  2. Traderws,

Is this with an SEC regulated and registered BD? If not:

If you are interested in this firm, please call the Office of Interpretation and Guidance of the SEC at (202) 551-5777. Tell them this: I want to join this firm and trade stocks. They say they don't need to be registered. The name of the firm is (fill in the blank and direct them to the firms website). I pay them a commission, send money as a security deposit, am responsible for all my losses, and they pay me out 100% of my profits. They claim they are exempt from SEC registration of Securities Exchange Act of 1934 Section 3(a)(4)(A). Also, they solicited me on a public forum. I am concerned that they are operating an unregistered Broker Dealer, please advise."

I urge anyone as part of their DD to do this for any firm they wish to join that is not a SEC registered BD. It will be a real eye opener!

#12     Mar 18, 2010
  3. http://www.teamtrading.com/

If you're looking to trade stocks, Forex or futures, don't go it alone. Put a winning team behind you - Team Trading.
    Team Trading backs traders with a full range of resources designed to help maximize training success, including:

Comprehensive training from world-class instructors
    Free trading room subscription and trading tools
    Free refresher training

#13     Mar 20, 2010
  4. zdreg

zdreg

are u shilling for them or is this your sense of your humor?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...81202&perpage=10&highlight=velez&pagenumber=1

#14     Mar 20, 2010
  5. Another spammer proptradingcourse,com is garbage and you are a spammer

#15     Mar 20, 2010

6. yes lots of people signed up and they lost their money

YES YOU ARE SHILLING FOR THEM

so shut *** and stop it

Attention ET members this guy is spammer

#16     Mar 20, 2010
  7. here we go another spammer 1 post and shilling for a garbage firm like hectortrader.com

stop spammung et

#17     Mar 20, 2010
  8. SMB HAHA

SMB IS A JOKE NO ONE MADE A DIME WITH THEM

LOTS OF TRADERS LOOSING IN THIS FIRM

STOP SPAMMING ABOUT SMB

GARBAGE

#18     Mar 20, 2010
  9. ATTENTION ET MEMBERS

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS SPAMMER

THEY PAY SOME ONE TO COME HERE AND MENTION THEIR NAME FOR FREE ADVERTISING

LAST 4 POSTS ALL SPAM

VELEZ OR TEAM TRADING = FRAUD

#19     Mar 20, 2010
  10. snowbren

snowbren

Hey, I have no bias for or against SMB. I just spent some time on their website and saw that they had organized morning meetings and mentoring to help people once they go live. It looked like a good to me...certainly more assistance that just learning by demoing and trial by fire once the account goes live. The more guidance the better, at least in the early days of one's trading career, right?

#20     Mar 21, 2010