No response from investor relations

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by TraderSU, Dec 1, 2009.

1. SEC, FED are run by bunch of powerful thieves who rob us everyday. No use to complain to them.

#11     Dec 3, 2009
  2. sjfan

sjfan

Wait... analysts violate SEC regulations when their opinions turn out to be incorrect? Really? Unless there are other issues (conflict of interest, fraud, etc), being wrong is not illegal...

#12     Dec 3, 2009
  3. General rule of mine, don't trade any stocks less than $20 share price unless you are shorting them. You can save yourself a lot of heartache in the speculation game by not going that route.

#13     Dec 3, 2009
  4. Hey guys; stop shorting this poor fellow.

#14     Dec 3, 2009
  5. Jesus

Jesus

No stocks less than 20 dollars! That eliminates a lot.

#15     Dec 3, 2009
  6. My build my universe using following filter.

[(QuoteLast * AverageVolume > 40M) & (InstitutionalPercentHeld > 60)]

I saw this stock somewhere in the news and liked the concept. Started building position from lower 6 range and currently have a decent position with average in lower 5. I'm stuck now - as this baby is probably going to 3 or lower.

Today was very painful.

#16     Dec 3, 2009
  7. They are doing a CONF call now which is hosted by "The Ruth Group". Earlier they used to have these calls on their private line. Why is this third party involved now? I do smell some MA deal.

http://investors.cardionet.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=214891&p=irol-irhome

I anticipate a massive short-squeeze on Monday which may move price in high 5s by EoD.

Took significant bet using their Dec calls and will try to lighten my stock exposure to protect my downside :)

#17     Dec 12, 2009
  8. muller

muller

Yeah, investors relations is a service for people who have an interest and long term commitment to the company in question.
    They don't have to answer to traders.

Not long ago I wrote a really angry and ranting letter to Ford Motor. I didn't exepct an answer. I wasn't invested in that company either. I was just ranting about their labor union and manager compensation policies, and calling their doom.
    Two days later I've received very courteous reply explaining the state of the company and announcing each action in detail which they would take to get themselves out of this mess.
    They've actually read what I have written. I got to say I was impressed.
    Learning from the news, they also did what they were saying in the letter they would be doing.

#18     Dec 12, 2009
  9. Most small micro-cap companies sub-contract out their "investor relations" duties to PR firms. If this is not the case with CardioNet, then my best guess is that the IR guy at CardioNet, Marty Galvan is also the CFO and has more pressing matters.

http://www.cardionet.com/about_03.htm

#19     Dec 13, 2009