NO recession : But you cried rivers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HedgefundTrader2, May 29, 2008.

1. I don't have to trade everyday like a day scalper. I trade markets when they meet my criteria. My trades are not forced upon me, they occur naturally with the best odds at the time of my choosing and at my command. I never risk myself for the sake of making mortgage money.

Yes we can trade both sides of the markets. Sometimes positions are taken on both sides simultaneously, and profits picked when stocks fluctutate on either side.

#51     May 31, 2008

2. You should be at a loss.

You are a Pavlov dog, habitually addicted to scalping day trades. You work like a factory hand managing screen dots and picking up pennies for a living. You have to toss your fate in the winds to make ends meet and you go home all cash and a little bottle of JIM BEAM..

#52     May 31, 2008
  3. Yep day is right, The best hedge funds out there sit in cash ALL THE TIME, they just collect their 2 and 20, and never trade at all...And then I wake up. Day you are a truly pathetic, lonely, and very confused. The right meds may get you sto stop posting here, right now you just like to be soundly thrashed (and noticed).

#53     May 31, 2008
  4. You need some extensive therapy.

#54     May 31, 2008
  5. ....and we are in a recession and a bear market.....

#55     May 31, 2008
  6. too funny.....this nutjob can't tell a bear market from a bull market....
    he sounds desperately long and losing big $$$$....that's the likely reason for the loony tunes....

#56     May 31, 2008
  7. Quote from HedgefundTrader2:

"I am 100% cash and sitting on it."

"I never risk myself for the sake of making mortgage money."

So you're 100% cash and that isn't enough to buy a house? Shit -that really sucks. I feel sorry for you.

#57     May 31, 2008

8. Loser.

#58     May 31, 2008

9. Have any numbers to back up your delusions ?

#59     May 31, 2008
  10. Here is the latest about recession from INVESTORS BUSINESS DAILY. This is an excerpt posted to illustrate the state of economy. Read it twice and grind the facts and dispel your fears and anxieties. Focus on empirical evidence, not how you " feel".

Ronald Reagan once said, facts are stubborn things.

The fact is that real GDP, viewed on a year-over-year basis, increased 2.5% in this year’s first quarter — the same as in last year’s fourth. (Year-over-year comparisons, not quarter-to-quarter, are most telling.) Thanks to the weaker dollar, the U.S. factory sector — excluding automakers — isn’t doing too badly either. Believe it or not, we’re in the middle of an export boom, with double-digit gains posted the last 16 months in a row. Last week’s revision of first-quarter (month-to-month) GDP growth to 0.9% from 0.6% was due almost entirely to trade. And despite the slowdown in the overall economy, industrial output is still up 1.3% so far this year — not a sign of disaster. As for jobs, it’s true that, since the start of the year, some 220,000 nonfarm positions have been shed. But even that is moderating. In April, analysts expected nearly 80,000 jobs would be lost; the reality was a far-smaller 20,000. And year over year, the number of jobs is still rising. This is key, since we’ve never had a recession in which jobs kept growing.
    Yes, unemployment at 5% is up a little more than half a percentage point from its cyclical low. But it’s also below the 5.4% average for the last 20 years. In any other year, this would be called dangerously low. And though weak, aggregate hours worked, another key indicator, are also still on the rise.
    Even some of the most troubled parts of the economy show signs of bottoming. New-home sales surprised everyone by rising last month (though they’re still off sharply from a year ago). Core inflation remains a tame 2%.
    And real disposable personal income — what you keep after taxes — is growing at a 1.6% rate. As for the stock market, it still looks like it bottomed two months ago.
    In short, while a recession is still possible, it hasn’t happened yet — and every day that passes makes it less likely, not more.

Don’t get us wrong, the current gloom is not without reason. But it’s just that: gloom, not reality.

Fact is, we’re still in an expansion, albeit a weak one. And with last year’s Fed rate cuts about to kick in and continued stimulus from President Bush’s tax rebate and cuts, we could see a surprisingly strong economy later this year.

Just don’t say we didn’t tell you.

#60     Jun 1, 2008