No recent Global Warming thread? or have you passed out from the heat?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tmarket, Jul 7, 2010.

1. If you are referring to the sun running out of fuel and expanding outward, that will not happen for another billion+ years. And no carbon tax will be able to stop that.

#11     Jul 8, 2010
  2. Not necessarily.

#12     Jul 8, 2010
  3. Ricter

Ricter

I guarantee it. In 4.99 billion years we'll start a discussion re what to do about the expanding sun and rising temperatures, but the deniers will state that it's not a cause for concern, and they'll trot out charts showing the long-term temperature trend for the planet and that it's been cooling since its molten rock origin. Therefore it will continue to cool.

#13     Jul 8, 2010
  4. So you are in the camp that global warming is real but has nothing to do with man?

#14     Jul 8, 2010
  5. Ricter

Ricter

I'm in the camp that says past performance is no guarantee of future returns.

#15     Jul 8, 2010
  6. Of course nothing is gauranteed. But what probability would you attach to it?

#16     Jul 8, 2010
  7. Heat waves could be commonplace in the US by 2039, Stanford study finds

Exceptionally long heat waves and other hot events could become commonplace in the United States in the next 30 years, according to a new study by Stanford University climate scientists.

"Using a large suite of climate model experiments, we see a clear emergence of much more intense, hot conditions in the U.S. within the next three decades," said Noah Diffenbaugh, an assistant professor of environmental Earth system science at Stanford and the lead author of the study.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2010-07/su-hwc070810.php

#17     Jul 8, 2010
  8. dcvtss

dcvtss

I tell you what it is. It's your quote un-quote pollution control. I heard on talk radio you don't even need 'em. It's just the latest nazi government plot. Open your eyes, man, they're trying to control Global Warming. Get it Global. That's U.N. Commissars code for telling us what the temperature is gonna be in our outdoors. Let it warm up I say. See what Butchros Butchros Ghali Ghali thinks of that. We'll grow oranges in Alaska.

:D

#18     Jul 8, 2010
  9. "Using a large suite of climate model experiments,

Everyone has a computer and everyone is a quant. No matter the news, a reporter has a quant on speed dial. Every crisis has a model, an agenda, a lobbyist with a grant with a vote behind it. Stay tuned tomorrow for a large suite of predictions on rain experiments.

#19     Jul 8, 2010