No rate cut tomorrow, look out below.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by detective, Oct 5, 2008.

1. its called counter-trend trading, works very well for some people

#11     Oct 5, 2008
  2. look at a monthly of the dow - lots of support at 10,000... i aint gonna buy it myself...shit is just too crazy but jes sayin

#12     Oct 5, 2008
  3. 2nd. short-term bottom not too far away.

#13     Oct 5, 2008
  4. KMAX

KMAX

Yes and we are near support for the S+P. I could see maybe a bounce but have you looked at the VIX, is that a bullish pattern or what?

#14     Oct 5, 2008
  5. dero

dero

Futures are pointing lower tonight (ES 1088.75). Possibly a gap down reversal tomorrow preceded by a sharp spike in the vix, signaling a short term bottom. Covered my shorts on thursday, looking to go long very short term on Monday, if the scenario above plays out.

#15     Oct 5, 2008
  6. The day before short selling was outlawed, I saw a panic reading at the highest levels ever recorded. The fact that there is so much leverage out there makes it more like the ledge of a cliff at this point. We are seeing off the chart panic readings, but the Equities indices have yet to reflect that. There has been a major propping up here. I think we need to see some capitulation signs in the indices before we can call a bottom.

I'll bet if dow hits 9700, and $spx tests 1000, we will see real barfing capitulation.

#16     Oct 5, 2008
  7. KMAX

KMAX

If $700 billion does not get this market moving, what will?

#17     Oct 5, 2008
  8. The bid has simply disappeared from this market as the guys on the sidelines are awaiting a new psychologically important price level like Dow 10000 and SnP 1150 before they commit capital and throw in an intraday rate cut and we can bounce 15% over the next few weeks.

In 2001 we bounced 17% before we rolled over again so I think any bounce will be under 20% as that would be a new bull market and that ain't happening until RE or unemployment starts to bottom.

#18     Oct 5, 2008
  9. KMAX

KMAX

And we have a long wait for RE and Unemployment to bottom.
    The hell is just starting.

#19     Oct 5, 2008
  10. A very wise Bird, one in a cage told me something very interesting.

Rally into the election with an OBAMA victory. Of course the Bird and I made a wager on OBAMA.

However, the market is, well, manipulated and It would not surprise me to see a mother of all Rallies into the Nov Elections.

Of course, my gut is telling me that we are going into a long deep and very painful recession for most people.

Who knows.

My pass port is ready if OBAMA wins. COSTA RICA here I come!.

#20     Oct 5, 2008