No quotes/transactions on DAX and 5 points gap???

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by RedDuke, Apr 24, 2006.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

I have noticed a strange thing today on DAX. From around 3:44am EST(9:44 Frankfurt time), to 3:46am, there were no quotes/transactions. Then the price jumped 5 points. Unfortunately around this time my e-signal crushed and then 1 hour later my charting PC went down, so I can not attach any pictures (perfect Monday morning).

Did anybody else see it? I know that eurex has something called volatility interrupt, when trading is halted due to adverse market moves, but market seemed as usual.

Thanks,
    redduke

2. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

Must have been a problem on your site or your eSignal Server.

I see lots of trades in the time-span you mentioned.

After you logged-in again, do you still see the gap?

regards

Bernd Kuerbs

3. RedDuke

RedDuke

I did relogin to e-signal after it crushed and this is when i saw the gap. Must have been the crush that caused it. I never got a chance to refresh the charts since my PC went down.

Thanks for the info.

4. RedDuke

RedDuke

I just want to double check. Is it 9:45 Frankfurt time on your T&S?

5. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

Yes.

I use eSignal as data provider, so you should see the same data. If not, try to log-out and -in again.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Bernd,

Thanks, I also just confirmed that it was my PC. I checked from another one, and the data is fine.

Regards,
    redduke

7. Am I to take it then from your attachment that the DAX has a .50 spread and .50 tick size?

8. Hey red duke
    can you tell me how much is the tick 0.50 in $
    I am looking at trading the dax preety soon
    And what time do you start trading EST
    thank you

9. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

10. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Ksonsinc,

It is about $15 (12.5 eur).

It opens at 3am EST right now, but as of June 1st it will open 1 hour earlier, exchange it trying to get more business from Asia.

Regards,
    redduke

#10     Apr 25, 2006