No Panic on Main Street = Crash Soon?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Sep 23, 2011.

Where is the Bottom?

1. +/- a few % from the current level

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. 10% lower

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. 15% lower

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. 20% lower

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  5. 25% lower

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. >=30% lower

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. There's alot of bearish sentiment that might hold the market up for the very short term.

#11     Sep 25, 2011
  2. How are they now explaining the rise? I would not be surprised if the so called experts might now be writing articles in other publications to be on the side of the bulls, just in case.

I believe that one of the biggest errors made in finance publications is: "quoted" is confused with "expert". In fact, I believe that the only way to be viewed as "a popular expert" is to be a wrong---I explained it somewhere in another thread/post.

#12     Sep 26, 2011
  3. There is way too much bearish sentiment for any downside at this time. It would be impossible for the makret to crash this week, with bearish sentiment so high.

#13     Sep 26, 2011
  4. Ash1972

Ash1972

We're in a consolidation phase following early August's big drop. It's only a matter of time until the next big leg down.

#14     Sep 26, 2011
  5. Serious world situation says sell and sell.

#15     Sep 26, 2011
  6. still some gap left from 3 days ago. this is where we are heading.

VXX has the giant 9% gap still left unfilled on that day. To fill or not to fill?

[​IMG]

#16     Sep 26, 2011
  7. Not correct.

#17     Sep 26, 2011

8. I bet Birinyi did not see it, but has now probably seen it, and speaking somewhere about the gap closure --- probably after reading these posts.

I am wondering what the handle of Birinyi is.

#18     Sep 26, 2011
  9. The "market" exists for one reason only: to reap rewards for those who control it.

Here's a hint: none of us are "those".

Our mission: to exploit the opportunities presented to us by "those" who control the markets.

I would love to hear another (plausible) theory. Preferably one that doesn't involve aliens, or the "greater good of mankind."

#19     Sep 26, 2011
  10. There is another 10 to 12 years to go.

Within that frame of reference there will be four additional volatility expansions.

I am speaking from the reference of 53 active years of successful trading and not statisticulating.

#20     Sep 26, 2011