No one was wrong today. However you bulls better be prepared.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Sep 18, 2007.

1. I just said im long you retard. Learn how to read.

I never said I was short. The market's bullish....im bullish. HOWEVER im no going to fucking take this trade to the moon. If I get stopped out, im going short faster than a rocket-sled on nitrous.

#21     Sep 19, 2007
  2. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

this just shows how much power and influence that these wall street bastards and bankers have on gov't policy..

the banks are holding the bag.

#22     Sep 19, 2007

3. You said you were bullish, and you switched your opinion today, that doesn't necessarily mean that you paid up and got long. So what are you long, USD, gold, equities, bonds?

#23     Sep 19, 2007
  4. I don't buy the Greenspan put is in place anymore, I just think that something is looming that could cause a meltdown and the FED is trying to stay it off!

#24     Sep 19, 2007
  5. S&P and any beaten down equities (SBUX for example). But mostly the S&P.

#25     Sep 19, 2007
  6. Economy is fine? LOL. How much in subprime exposure, both the actually loans, and the derivatives thereof, does this economy have? How far will housing prices drop over the next year. What's the dollar value of the loans about to reset?

And you tell me the economy is fine? Geezuz, what are you on?

My suggestion is that you don't have a fucking clue right now how the economy is right now, because you don't know the answers to all of the above. My guess is the Fed may well have a better idea than you do, and therefore chose the action they chose.

OldTrader

#26     Sep 19, 2007
  7. The economy is fine. Mortgages blew up and housing crashed. The market will play out and price it in. They're cyclical markets, IT HAPPENS. Let the market take care of them. If we go into a recession....we go into a recession. The worst think we can do right now is lower rates when the dollar is in the state it's in combined with record deficits. You NEED to stabalize the currency in order to successfully reduce debt prices.

#27     Sep 19, 2007

8. agreed. these guys fail to understand that rate policy has very little to do with commodity driven inflation.

screw gold. its now a superficial indicator of herd psychology.

wheat is up to highs because climate change, bad weather, and most importantly, BAD energy policy which enabled farmers to plant corn instead of it, in order to make alcohol gasoline.

DUMB DUMB DUMB.

and crude is up because every idiotic policy maker doesn't give a shit about conservation, and everyone in the entire planet needs an SUV (yes, including asia).

Rate hikes aren't going to do damage.. Its *continued* near-sighted bad politics and flagrant abuse of our planet.

Its all about energy, and unfortunately the FOMC has no control over our energy policy. I'd bet they are a little smarter than the crooks who set who gets ethanol subsidies.

ag wouldn't be on fire if the govt didn't screw up with these ethanol subsidies, and oil wouldn't be $80 if we had a decent energy policy which focused on forced reduced consumption and *real* rampup of cheap and clean alternatives (nukes, wind etc)

#28     Sep 19, 2007
  9. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

what meltdown..

moron banks played russian roullette and lose billions and it's their problem

the meltdown already happened.. FED is bailing out the banks...

#29     Sep 19, 2007
  10. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

you have to understand the banks rule the financial markets and can maniupulate markets at will..they can jack up inflation if they want to.

#30     Sep 19, 2007