No one is taking me seriously...Arghhh!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Remiraz, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Remiraz

Remiraz

Yes, I agree that way too much people get caught up in the "rat races".
    I am one of those rare youth who thinks there is more to life than slogging away @ maximum hours for minimum wages.
    Unfortunately, I have yet to meet a youth locally who is willing to sacrifice a "effort free" life of being a slave because making it on your own seems like "too much hard work".

What made me take up the path of a trader?
    The simple fact that everyone is against the notion of trading is like slapping a big fat stainless steel gauntlet in my face...

And I also developed an unnaturally intense love for this game.
    Ever since the age of 13 I have been asking adults around me questions about the market, watching films and dramas (later which turned out to be bullshit) about the market and trying my very best to learn more about professional trading.

Lets hope I bleed slowly enough to pick up some skills...:)

#31     Nov 3, 2003
  2. Remiraz

Remiraz

Oh and for your information, the books which my mom + everyone else is claiming to be lies happen to be : Reminiscenes, Market Wizards, New Market Wizards, Van K. Tharp's Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom, Pit Bull.

As you can see, I have very very selectively taste when it comes to investing manuals.
    Yet, people who know nothing about trading can come to me and "shit on" what happens to be classics (okay some aren't :) ).

#32     Nov 3, 2003
  3. gnome

gnome

In '94, I'd had a couple of good years (documented) when the market hadn't. I was looking for a MM position and got referred to a private financial firm with about $500M under management who was looking for someone like me. During the 2nd interview, the head guy says, "interview over... I'm not going to hire you because you come across as tood good to be true, and I'll be damned if I can figure out what's wrong...". (The rest of this story is inappropriate for this board. If you're curious, PM me.)

My parents have never let me manage their money, either. What a shame.

You will only get respect after you have earned your stripes. To seek it sooner is like hollerin' in the wind.

#33     Nov 3, 2003