No Negro Dialect

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Remember Biden called obama a "clean negro"

Somehow I doubt reid and the liberals will have the same problem with what reid said.

Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) in 2002 agreed with former Sen. Trent Lott's (R-Miss.) decision to resign his leadership role after Lott made what some felt were racist remarks at former Sen. Strom Thurmond's 100th birthday party.

"He had no alternative," said Reid at the time claiming, "If you tell ethnic jokes in the backroom, it's that much easier to say ethnic things publicly. I've always practiced how I play."

As liberal media members work overtime to spin racist comments Reid made about presidential candidate Barack Obama in 2008, it's going to be very interesting to see how many recall Lott's resignation or what Reid said about the incident.

Consider what the Associated Press reported on December 20, 2002, days after Lott spoke at Thurmond's party (no link available, verified via LexisNexis, h/t Las Vegas Review Journal via Bill Pascoe):

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...tion-2002-he-had-no-alternative#ixzz0cDGyV8Cc

#11     Jan 10, 2010
  2. Do you really expect people to believe that?

#12     Jan 10, 2010
  3. Where are they now?
    A double standard so thick you can cut it with a knife.
    Sunday, January 10th at 11:54AM EST

Let’s take the Wayback Machine to 2002, shall we? We’ll take a look at the Democrats’ responses to Trent Lott’s statements (and subsequent apology) about Strom Thurmond, which were widely condemned as “racist.”
    • ‘His apology does not take away the sting of his divisive words…‘ - Barbara Boxer
      [*]‘I can tell you if a Democratic leader said such a thing, they would not be allowed to keep their position,’ - Mary Landrieu
      [*]‘What he said was insensitive as hell; it’s very offensive,’ … ‘Race is serious stuff. It’s not something you kid about.’ - Joe Biden
      [*]‘…the GOP must decide whether Lott ‘represents the views of the majority of Republicans in the Senate and in our country.‘ - Hillary Clinton
      [*]‘We need political leaders who are healers, not dividers,’ … ‘I hope that Senator Lott’s apology will translate into action and that he will advance policies that bring us together as a nation rather than pull us apart.‘ - Dick Durbin
      [*]‘When connected to past comments and votes, this statement casts a dark shadow over Sen. Lott’s ability to be a credible party leader‘ - Diane Feinstein
      [*]‘Sen. Debbie Stabenow, a Democrat, described Lott’s comments as ‘outrageous’ and ‘completely inexcusable.’ ‘Those kinds of comments have no place in our society and should be repudiated by every American,’ Stabenow said in a statement. ‘At this point, the Republican caucus in the U.S. Senate needs to think long and hard about the kind of values they want their leadership to represent.‘ - Debbie Stabenow
    (and there are many other classics from Senate and House Democrites at “Blogs for Victory“)

Climate cultist Algore and (surprise, surprise ) Jesse Jackson demanded that Lott resign:

Funny, Jesse has been strangely silent the last couple of days.

Then we have the pièce de résistance from The O himself:

If Democrat hypocrisy was jobs, the Obama economic mess would be over tomorrow.

President Obama, I’m waiting patiently for your demands that Harry Reid resign. Something tells me that I have a long wait ahead of me.

#13     Jan 10, 2010
  4. Tim Caine just came out and actually defended what reid said.

What a joke.

#14     Jan 10, 2010
  5. Another nail in the coffin.

#15     Jan 10, 2010
  6. It comes as no surprise that there is a double standard at play here. What you may be wondering is, are black people really this stupid? Of course not! They simply know which side their bread is buttered on. They know it is the Dem party which co-signs their bullshit, not to mention that government check coming in every month. You want to get away with racial slurs...write a check. Simple as that!

#16     Jan 11, 2010
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Not racist, in that the comments are not discriminatory or prejudicial. They really only acknowledge the existence of a concept of race.

His apology was political expediency, not an admission of guilt. This kind of thing is common in politics.

#17     Jan 11, 2010
  8. "You lie!"

#18     Jan 11, 2010
  9. dsq

dsq

Its as racist as it gets.That statement isnt just some epithet that just rolled off the tongue spontaneously but a carefully constructed sentence.Its shocking and disgusting but old folks like him cant shake the good ol'days.He s an old fart part of the old guard and exactly what is wrong with DC.Clean house of most of these old coots and lobbyists.He should step down.He s also been spineless about healthcare and wall st.

#19     Jan 11, 2010

10. Holy shit. DSQ actually makes some sense on this post. It has to be a first. I guess even a blind squirrel finds some nuts.

#20     Jan 11, 2010