No NASDAQ route on IB

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by TraDaToR, Sep 29, 2016.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I was trying to send some OPG orders on NASDAQ, used SMART Route with OPG TIF.

But 1 minute after the open, orders were still active on ISLAND( ? ). I thought they would be cancelled immediately after. I checked different NASDAQ tickers and their routes and to my surprise, NASDAQ wasn't available. Only SMART, ARCA,BATS,BEX,BYX,CBOE,CHX,CSFBALGO,DRCTEDGE, EDGEA,IEX,ISE, ISLAND, JEFFALGO,NSX,PSX,TPLUS2.

I guess my orders never went to the auction. Do you know what the problem is?

2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

OK. I see. I think I was supposed to subscribe to NASDAQ( Network C UTP) for Level 1. Is that enough or I need one of the NASDAQ Level 2 subscription( Totalview...)?

3. d08

d08

The cancellation isn't immediate, it takes a few minutes. NASDAQ route is ISLAND, I forgot to mention that.

eusdaiki and TraDaToR like this.
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Ah OK so my orders were actually in the right place. I checked and in retrospect I shouldn't have been filled anywhere, so it sounds possible. Great.:)

5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

So what is this NASDAQ level1 subscription anyway? Should I subscribe to get ISLAND quotes? My smart quotes were the IB free ECNs quotes?

6. Occam

Occam

Island and Nasdaq are the same thing, at least in the context of US equities exchanges. In 2005, Nasdaq bought Instinet (which itself had bought Island in 2002) and moved all the trading that took place on Nasdaq's former systems (SuperSOES or whatever) to Island's platform, but a lot of broker systems still use Island/Instinet monikers (such as INET, ISLAND) to refer to Nasdaq.

TraDaToR likes this.
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Thanks for the explanation:)