No more Saturday mail

Discussion in 'Economics' started by CaptainObvious, Mar 2, 2010.

1. This is a start. If the country can't accomplish this small feat we're done. How can we possibly tackle the huge deficit and debt problems (not to mention all the other sh!!)...

#21     Mar 2, 2010
  2. That's extreme 1-2 times a week. But no Saturday sure. I finally switched to electronic statement delivery. I am running out of file space after 6 years and they have a cheesy contest where you can win 5k for signing up.

#22     Mar 2, 2010
  3. It is the sign of a trend to come. US way of life is changing, no doubt about it.

#23     Mar 2, 2010
  4. Yeah, what's the deal with that?

In the days before telephone, fax, internet and such, I could see maybe it might help a huge company like Sears that sent out thousands of packages, and they wanted to get them out asap. But for residential? Who cares?

I personally have never sent nor received a piece of mail that could not wait until the next day to be delivered.

#24     Mar 2, 2010
  5. BSAM

BSAM

I expect that in a few days, Obama, Reid, and Pelosi will get together with a plan to prohibit all business related email. Email will only be legal for "chit chat" type purposes.

Then too, each "chit chat" email will be taxed. The taxes collected will be intended to help support the USPS, but of course, it will later be used "as needed".

Got to look out for those government employee voters.

#25     Mar 2, 2010
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Postal Service to shed another 30,000 jobs
    By Aaron Smith, CNNMoney.com staff writerMarch 2, 2010: 5:16 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The U.S. Postal Service said on Tuesday that it would reduce its workforce by another 30,000 positions and slash overtime this year in an effort to reduce costs.

Together these staffing reductions will result in cost savings equivalent to eliminating 50,000 full-time positions, according to Chief Financial Officer Joseph Corbett.

#26     Mar 2, 2010
  7. Here in San Antonio TX, they shut down a few (12) postal offices and kept key locations open.

It makes sense...no Profitable business could be run like the post office is.

So, it's survival mode now.

Besides, FED X, UPS, and on line services as well as Fax's have beaten down on the US Postal service.

They, like most gov't programs, failed to adjust and compete.

So, they will become weaker.

#27     Mar 2, 2010
  8. sumfuka

sumfuka

This is good news, don't have to see bills on the weekend. :cool:

#28     Mar 2, 2010
  9. horseman

horseman

If some people received mail on Mon, Wed, and Fri and others received mail Tue, Thur, Sat, then the PO could cut the number carriers in half

#29     Mar 3, 2010
  10. TGregg

TGregg

LOL.

LMAO!

Postal Carriers are unionizied. AIR their union is part of the AFL-CIO. Good luck getting the government to cut 50% of `em.

ROFLAMO.

#30     Mar 3, 2010