no more jobs in the US

Discussion in 'Politics' started by raszorz, Oct 18, 2003.

1. raszorz

raszorz Guest

companies are not creating important jobs in the US as much anymore. large companies are laying-off/firing/transferring domestic jobs in favor of cheaper labor overseas (asia). consensus thinks that lots more will be lost here but created there.

seems that word is that asia is the next big thing, but all the major economies are connected, and if the US is weakened then surely the smaller economies holding dollars will be weakned as well.

And now...

Here is something interesting I read somewhere....

--- 8<--- ---cut--- ---8<-------

Look what happens when a President gets
    elected in a year with a "0" at the end. Also notice it goes in increments of 20 years.

1840: William Henry Harrison (died in office)
    1860: Abraham Lincoln (assassinated)
    1880: James A. Garfield (assassinated)
    1900: William McKinley (assassinated)
    1920: Warren G. Harding (died in office)
    1940: Franklin ! D. Roosevelt (dies in office)
    1960: John F. Kennedy (assassinated)
    1980: Ronald Reagan (survived assassination attempt)
    2000: George W. Bush ????????????

2. 2000: George W. Bush (Character assassinated by media on a daily basis)

3. Lets not forget President Putin said IF europe gives russia visa free travel for russians to europe then they will price oil in euros instead of dollars, the saudis like this idea as well as chavez in venezuela who has wanted this for quite some time. Nations who purchase and sell oil tend to keep there dollars and not change them to there local currencies. France and Germany like this idea since it would replace the dollar and make the euro an alternative currency to the dollar. What happens to the dollar or dollar based assets IF many nations begin unloading it?

4. Maybe then the pressure would finally be strong enough for the U.S. to actually for once REDUCE the size of the Federal Budget. Not reduce the annual increase to the budget, but an actual reduction from one year over the previous year. I would love to see the Federal Budget shrunk, if only by 1% a year for a good many years (wow...what a concept!). The Democrats would be committing terrorist acts though to prevent that from ever happening. This governments budget being reduced from one year over the previous year will most likely never happen in my life time...well I can dream can't I. :(

5. I've seen this concern bandied about lately, and frankly there are a lot of holes in it. It seems to assume europe would welcome a significantly weaker dollar. That in itself is questionable. I aslo think the saudi's will be very reluctant to be seen as directly challenging the US. TheY also have enormous dollar holdings, so why would they do anything to depreciate their main investment currency? The fate of the dollar rests more on asian exporters than OPEC. China is a big buyer and holder of US governemtn bonds. The last thing they want is for the dollar to weaken against them.

6. nkhoi

nkhoi

China will do anything to weaken US including cut off its own leg, imho.

7. I don't know nothing about Bush or anyone else. All I know is that it is a very sad situation. No job whatsoever.

If you know some job information, let me know please. Thank you hery much.

8. Plenty of jobs if you want to work on commission only selling mortgages or being a retail broker...i gag at the very thought of selling to retail accounts.

9. Start a business of your own like the the original founders of our country. They did not sail to America with the dreams of employment with Walmart or Microsoft. They sailed to America to be free and to guide their own destiny. The founders mentalities of independence and self-reliance are quite vacant in our modern age. Go out and create your own new world without the dependance on corporate employment. Spend the hours in your life building your dreams, not building the dreams of an employer.

10. USA will also try to do anything to weaken China including cutting off its own leg, imho.

#10     Oct 19, 2003