No more Colin Powell liberal commentary every election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by VEGASDESERT, Oct 18, 2021.

1. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

too soon?

2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

If you had "about 10 seconds" before Fox News would use Colin Powell's death to further their campaign against the Covid Vaccine... step forward and claim your priz.

3. Yeh, that must have been a big let down for you when you were hoping that he was unvaccinated and you could use it for your shtick.

I did notice that when CNN reported it they said "he was fully vaccinated but we do not know if he had had a booster shot." So that is the new shaming that is creeping into the script.

4. Guy was 84.... vax or no he was going to get complications from pneumonia or COVID or bronchitis at that age...

His death does not serve either side of this political debate so it should be treated with respect.

wrbtrader and Ricter like this.
  5. He was a prostate cancer survivor which I don't think was active after treatment years ago but he was actively fighting multiple myeloma- ie. white blood cell cancer- which is an ultra-high risk factor for covid. And quite deadly even without covid after several years.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  6. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

He had multiple myeloma which is a profound immunodeficiency disease. Its manageable these days, particularly with a stem cell bone marrow therapy but... Its likely he had inadequate immunity for the vaccines to help.

I'd be curious if he was on record with which vaccines and if he received a booster though this can still be inadequate expecially in his condition.

He likely would have lived comfortably for years but he met some or was a short chain from an unvaccinated disease vector moron.

RIP.

"Powell was a moderate Republican from 1995 until 2021, when he became an independent following the storming of the U.S. Capitol."

IMG_20211018_133705.jpg
    Deranged ETer hold my beer response to come.

wrbtrader likes this.
  7. UsualName

UsualName

I always find these things difficult to wrap my head around because it shows how shifty right wing thinking is. 1. This guy was Mr. WMD for a hot minute and Mr. You break it, you bought it. A lot of these right wingers who claim to be anti-globalists, anti-W Bush, were in fact pro-global war, pro-Bush acolytes.

Now today, they pretend to have no clue of their former selves and hold up people like Powell as phony republicans. Don’t let them fool you, they were all about it with the same fervor as they have for Trump, maybe not so much as for Trump but still.

Now the poor man passes away and they just can’t wait to line up and throw dirt on him. Sad.

Even worse, they are all just clawing over each other to point out he was vaccinated and died of Covid. Even worse. Obviously, getting everyone vaccinated is to get to hers immunity to save people like Powell who are vulnerable.

Trying to pick apart the hypocrisy and reason out the shiftiness of the right is a mental exercise in itself. It’s all awful. And here, this poor man dies in the midst of all of this after having served his country, albeit faulty IMO. Rest easy.

Bugenhagen and wrbtrader like this.
  8. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

when obama won the nomination Powell went full on GOP hate.

apparently race was the deciding factor.

since then he became msm lackey every election cycle

9. Mercor

Mercor

Powell could have become president in 2000
    If he had then no Obama and no race wars that Obama started

10. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Sure Jan. If you don't absolutely support the new regime, it's going full hate. That's how cults work right?

They wanted him to run in '96 to unseat far too popular to best Bill and because he was never going to win.

#10     Oct 18, 2021