No Mention of Supply and Demand in Trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jonbig04, Jul 31, 2008.

1. atonix

atonix

This used to be discussed here. Look up Dbphoenix. He's since left ET for another trading forum, but also had a good thread here.

#11     Jul 31, 2008
  2. I have read and re-read everything he has written :). He has a lot of great stuff...but I cant say where it is without getting trounced by the mods haha.

#12     Jul 31, 2008
  3. Stocks are no different than futures or for that matter the auctions at Christie's. Price moves based on supply and demand in realtime. Price action is not necessarily S&D. Look at the PA journal, for instance. Many traders look soley at the price bars (support and resistance) and nothing more.

I don't think screen traders can successfully trade S&D. Floor traders might since they see order flow.

At least that's the way I see it.

#13     Jul 31, 2008
  4. He's perched at traderslab. He is well read and quite knowledgable, but by his own admission, hasn't found the grail. Who has?

#14     Jul 31, 2008
  5. Aok

Aok

Dont hate on WizeTrade!

:D

#15     Jul 31, 2008
  6. Interesting. I beg to differ, but to each his own! and i haven't been trading for long. I think all traders trade supply and demand whether they know it or not...and, as everything else is derivative, if we can learn to get a feel for it via price and volume....it might be a great edge for us.

#16     Jul 31, 2008
  7. atonix

atonix

And if that's what you're looking for, you will continued to be disappointed.

And yes, it is very possible to trade supply / demand off charts profitably. Almost all Wyckoff based trading is centered around this idea.

#17     Jul 31, 2008
  8. I'm not looking for the grail anymore, just more information. Can you direct me to a clear, concise and easy to grasp explanation of Wycoff based trading?

#18     Jul 31, 2008
  9. First of all, all the veteran Price Action Only traders are not participating in the Price Action Journal.

Most of them are discussing Price Action Only trading (no indicators) elsewhere or have discussed such in-depth here at ET in the past.

Simply, those currently participating actively (more than 1 - 3 posts) in the Price Action Journal you mentioned are mainly new traders or new to price action only trading.

That's the main reason why there's currently no supply/demand analysis discussion.

Further, it's not unusual nor a bad thing for traders new to Price Action Trading to talk mainly about patterns instead of supply/demand analysis in the beginning.

However, if they want to advance their knowledge and trading...

They'll eventually need to learn supply/demand analysis to complete that puzzle especially if they want longevity in this business of trading as a profitable trader.

Also, the old info posted here at ET or currently being discussed elsewhere is so good and informative...

There's really no need to rehash it again in the Price Action Journal other than just posting links to the info considering it may be too much of a big pill to swallow for a trader new to price action trading.

Stick with stuff by Anek, Dbphoenix and those before them before trying to get into any thing too advance (complex) involving supply/demand analysis...

Trading without indicators and without volume.

Info is easy to find...just google it and use ET search function.

Mark

#19     Jul 31, 2008