no lose stock trading--- here is the real holy grail.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by marketsurfer, Dec 20, 2005.

1. does anyone here have experience trading "index linked notes" with a guaranteed value?

if so, kindly touch on the basics.

thanks!

surfer

2. bighog

bighog Guest

The only way there is ever a "Guaranteed" return in any bond, note, etc is to hold until maturity. Then if the company, gov etc goes bankrupt, all bets are off.....:D

Index linked thingaminjiggies are basically just corp bonds.

but to answer your question, the answer is no...i have not traded those. Happy Holidays

3. i have used them in the past when they go under the 10 strike. the most common ones are called mitts. they are a merrill lynch product. they dont move much and do not move 1 to 1 with the market.
    they buy a long bond and marry it with an index option.

here is one.
    http://www.amex.com/?href=/strProd/prodInf/SpPiProdDesc.jsp?Product_Symbol=RRM

4. thanks, vhehn.

surfer

5. woodfish

woodfish

Sight for sore eyes , I was serching for you on the net last night ,just to see what you were up to.
    I found you at Trading Markets , read your stuff.
    Hope this finds you well , would love to touch base and just say hello.
    Woodfish

6. Hah... I have personally designed / engineered guaranteed equity index linked notes, in my quant days. :) At the time (late 1990s -- early 2000s), similar products were getting increasingly popular in Europe and Japan, but not in the US. Don't know about now.

The Handbook of Equity Derivatives has a good treatment.

7. Now your a "Holy Grail" peddler? What is this world coming to?