No longer will insurance companies be able to drop your coverage if you become sick

Discussion in 'Politics' started by walter4, Dec 21, 2009.

1. loik

loik

But you will not get any treatment in the future either, because you`ll be waiting in line, until you die! There`s a limited amount of resources(doctors etc), so everyone can`t have everything all the time, even though politicians promise you that you can everything paid for by other people.

#11     Dec 22, 2009
  2. loik

loik

What does ACCESS mean, that you`ll actually get treated, or that someone has made a promise they can`t keep?

#12     Dec 22, 2009
  3. Wallet

Wallet

Is there some language in this bill that caps what an Insurance company can charge for premiums?

The op stated that Insurance companies can no longer drop you if you get sick, I never knew they could do that (actually I think it's illegible), they just keep jacking the rates until you can not afford them, so you are forced into downsizing your coverage plan, increasing deductibles all the time with a max out pay looming over your head.

They can force the Insurance Companies to do whatever they want, but those Insurance Companies will not offer a product that statistically loses money. They will jack the price and since you have a federal gun pointed at your head you will be forced to pay it.

In my state, Oklahoma, no one is denied insurance coverage, once you have been turned down by 2 different companies for health reasons, you can apply to the state, they have a high risk pool that is subsidized. You can get the same coverage with just a slightly higher premium.

Imho, any public option needs to be along these lines, availability to those who do not qualify on their own.

Limits could be imposed on the Insurance Co's as to what conditions would dictate denial of coverage.

#13     Dec 22, 2009