No Justice for White NYU Student Killed by Blacks

Discussion in 'Politics' started by estrader, May 7, 2006.

1. AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL, where are you when we need you:

http://www.commonvoice.com/article.asp?colid=4663

"Many residents in New York City are unhappy with the disposition of the killing of a white New York University student by four black youths who chased him into oncoming traffic resulting in the student's death.

First, the New York City Police Department refused to charges the four perpetrators with a bias crime. A spokesperson with the NYPD claimed the killing was not racially motivated even though one of the suspects was heard screaming "get the white boy!" The NYPD spokesperson said the case was being treated as a robbery, not a hate crime.

However, the prosecutor said the four street toughs would be charged as adults. The initial charges were second-degree murder and robbery.

However, Manhattan District Attorney Robert M. Morgenthau announced today that a New York County grand jury has completed hearing evidence in the case involving the four teenagers which resulted in the death of Broderick Hehman, the 20-year-old NYU student.

One NYPD police officer said, on condition of anonymity, "This is a travesty. These street punks are getting a slap on the wrist. They did complete a felony -- assault -- when they grabbed the student and punched him. They just didn't want to throw the book at these kids."

He also said, "They didn't want to charge them with a bias crime because they don't want the [crime] stats to show a black-on-white bias crime. You can be sure if the roles were reversed -- if it were a white-on-black incident -- it would have been treated as a bias crime," he said. "

2. g222

g222

Let's all be patient, now. I'm sure that, as they have in the past, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are, at this very moment, preparing their individual statements against racially motivated hate crimes. I'm just SO sure.

3. Ricter

Ricter

I trust you're working as diligently at revealing the racism within yourself as you are at revealing it in others.

And since you clearly have a problem with racism in others, as do I, I'm sure you're taking steps to repress and eliminate it in yourself.