No intelligent person expects that their lives will get better under Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Feb 12, 2013.

1. The Economy Is Much Worse Than the Data Show

By Morgan Korn | Mon, Feb 11, 2013 7:36 AM EST

The Great Recession may have officially ended in June of 2009 (according to the National Bureau of Economic Research), but many Americans are still extremely pessimistic about the economy. That’s the conclusion of a national survey conducted by the John J. Heldrich Center for Workforce Development at Rutgers University.

The survey’s lead researcher Mark Szeltner joined The Daily Ticker to discuss the data and what it reveals about the national psyche.
    Here are some of the survey’s key findings:

*Eight in 10 Americans are skeptical that career and employment opportunities will be better for the next generation.

*More than half of Americans say the economy will not fully recover from the 2007-2009 recession for another six years; 29% believe the economy will never fully recover.

*73% of Americans were directly impacted by the recession: individuals surveyed had either lost a job themselves or a family member/close relative had been out work because of the economic downturn.

*The majority of survey participants said college would become unaffordable for most young Americans.

*56% reported having fewer savings than before the recession.
    More than half of those who were laid off or lost a job said they cut back on medical treatment or doctor visits.

*40% of Americans have borrowed money from family or friends.

The survey's data "speaks to the scope, magnitude and the persistence of the recession,” says Szeltner. It revealed “a really depressing image of what’s happening right now to many Americans," he adds.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/economy-much-worse-data-shows-123642950.html

2. pspr

pspr

But, when you live on welfare and food stamps, to receive a free Obama phone is like Santa stopped by to give you a present. A vote for a Democrap is a vote for more free Obama money and Obama toys. (exclusively paid for by over taxed upper middle class families and the well off)

3. Ricter

Ricter

Man, if this economy is no good I'd hate to see it when it's good.

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That statement makes absolutely no sense.

We'd all like to see it when it's good. So would all those on unemployment. So would the record number of food stamps recipients. That's pretty much the whole point of more than half the topics here.

5. pspr

pspr

Ha ha ha. It's good to see someone your age start doing drugs. :D

6. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'll say one good thing about Onazi. He's extremely smart. He bought votes this way, it worked, and he got away with it...

7. LEAPup

LEAPup

I don't think ricter's smart enough to know the difference between the stock market and GDP.

8. hughb

hughb

Am I the only person on the internetz who doesn't feel like my life is controlled by whomever occupies 1600 Pennsylvania Ave?

9. He blindly parrots whatever pops into Krugman's head with a religious fervor.

I think that answers your question about his intelligence (or lack thereof).

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

"No intelligent person expects that their lives will get better under Obama"

Coincidentally no intelligent person voted for Obama either.

#10     Feb 12, 2013