No IB market data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Htrader, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Happned today just as I was trading QCOM after the bell. Typical. 99.9999% uptime when Im not in a trade though.

#11     Nov 3, 2005
  2. Just a quick heads up for the IB crew. Everytime I try to pull up a chart for "QM" future (nymex oil) my computer freezes and I have to restart it. So far it really just been an excuse to take a break but it would be nice if it worked.

#12     Nov 3, 2005
  3. I have said it once and will say it again ...

if you need a speedy solution to problems

call IB ... ( as they say ... time is money )

:)

#13     Nov 3, 2005
  4. It is often extremely helpful, as a diagnostic before calling IB, to ask other customers if they are experiencing the same problem. It is also totally impractical to call IB as a first step, everytime some symptom indicates a possible problem. It is also often extremely difficult to get appropriate responses from IB, when one reports a possible problem to IB. I know from his past postings that Htrader is one of the very sharpest guys around this website, so if he feels a need to start a thread like this one, then that means there was a legitimate need for it.

#14     Nov 3, 2005
  5. mokwit

mokwit

Generally the only way to get a meaningful response is to post it on this forum. That way you stand much more chance of getting a meaningful non fob off response from the right person. I have had good responses to isues when posting here.

The choice is yours, post here or write 3 emails when one should be enough

I deal in private with other suppliers as I get acceptable responses. I had a problem with one supplier that ultimately resulted in a refund. All this took place in private because I was getting acceptable responses. I am not vindicative.

Edit: Just to clarify, I am talking about previous instances where there were signiificant isues to be addressed. I have since been proactively contacted on a number of issues when posting here and there has been action and resolutions. I don't have any issue with an email taking 48 ours to be replied to for example as IB's low commissions have to impact somewhere and IB's electronic platform cost structure seems to be based on keeping HR costs low. Fair enough.

#15     Nov 3, 2005
  6. alanm

alanm

OK, but has someone actually reported the chart problem directly to IB? Happens to me too.

#16     Nov 3, 2005
  7. I posted a note about it on IB's message board. It ahppened to me on Nov1 - TWS totally locked up and I was able to close the QM chart and get it to start up OK. Any time I open a realtime QM chart the system stalls completely.

Funny thing is, it was working fine right through 10-31 then all of a sudden it caused problems.

#17     Nov 3, 2005
  8. A long time ago, I posted about similar problems when I try to make line charts of combination symbols covering intervals of 2 to 4 hours or less. The problem would not occur when I tried to chart full day intervals, or when I tried to chart the individual legs of these combinations. They couldn't reproduce the problem. They eventually stated that all these types of problems with charts would be resolved by updating to TWS version 853. I never updated to that version, because I am seeing too many dangerous problems. I am still monitoring the bboards and looking for indications that it is safe to update. I just recently saw a posting saying that version 853 is, at least temporarily, no longer available on the IB website, so this was a hint to me that it is not yet safe to update. So I am in limbo, for a very long time, waiting to see if TWS 853 will solve my charting problems.

#18     Nov 4, 2005
  9. Had that chart thing happ yest, but not the QM. Freezerama.

#19     Nov 4, 2005
  10. just21

just21

THere is a nov 4 th version available of 853. I have had no problems with the earlier version 26th Oct.

#20     Nov 4, 2005