No House vote Thursday night on debt ceiling

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Jul 28, 2011.

1. bone

bone

Public polling and the November 2010 elections shows quite the opposite to be true.

What do you consider "deep" or unreasonable about CC&B ?

And how is even refusing to debate legislation or giving it a straight up or down vote exactly 'working together in a bipartisan fashion ?'

#21     Jul 29, 2011
  2. bone

bone

Saul Alinsky would be proud of the Tea Party tactics. They campaigned and won with one simple message: do not spend more money than you're taking in.

These are great times in our Republic !

When you have the partisan hacks on Fox and MSNBC equally flummoxed and befuddled and exasperated you have true, legitimate Democracy at work.

Rejoice !

Regardless of your political stripes clear thinking politicos will give the devil his due: This group of Anarchists has completely changed the trajectory of thinking in Washington and the MSM.

Now, it is about Spending. The nexus is upon us where a BBA, a simpler and more fair tax code, and above all a focus on spending has taken center stage.

Rejoice !

#22     Jul 29, 2011
  3. Voting trumps polling. US voters haven't voted for reduced gov't in 30 years. Half the TP candidates elected last go round have already turned, barely 12 months in office. The rest have yet to propose a budget plan consistent with stated TP goals.

When push comes to shove, American voters clearly like big gov't.

Obama gets it. Boehner gets it.

The TP dudes that actually managed to get elected are learning it - but I suspect they won't really get it until they succeed in getting Obama re-elected next year.

It's too bad -- I had high hopes for them.

#23     Jul 29, 2011
  4. bone

bone

Random, the TP and the debt limit debate is a side show compared to where this economy will be in 2012.

The fact of the matter is that in November of 2012 the Congress is NOT in play, but the Senate has 23 Dem seats and 11 Repub seats in play and of course the Presidency.

The voting downside is all on the Dems in 2012.

#24     Jul 29, 2011
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

California has a BBA.

The result is that a completely phoney budget full of bs cuts and fantasy savings is submitted right on time...and promptly vetoed by the governor.

#25     Jul 29, 2011
  6. bone

bone

Well, if you look at the hard metrics - the rate at which California is closing it's budget gap it is indeed impressive.

There has to be some sort of budget balancing mechanism because the status quo politicians only know how to work from the expense debit side of the ledger.

#26     Jul 29, 2011
  7. Speaker John Boehner pushed his debt-ceiling bill through the House Friday night with the support of 218 Republicans. Here are the 22 no votes:

Justin Amash (Mich.)
    Michele Bachmann (Minn.)
    Chip Cravaack (Minn.)
    Scott Desjarlais (Tenn.)
    Tom Graves (Ga.)
    Tim Huelskamp (Kans.)
    Steve King (Iowa)
    Tim Johnson (Ill.)
    Tom McClintock (Calif.)
    Mick Mulvaney (S.C.)
    Ron Paul (Texas)
    Tom Price (Ga.)
    Connie Mack (Fla.)
    Jim Jordan (Ohio)
    Tim Scott (S.C.)
    Paul Broun (Ga.)
    Tom Latham (Iowa)
    Jeff Duncan (S.C.)
    Trey Gowdy (S.C.)
    Steve Southerland (Fla.)
    Joe Walsh (Ill.)
    Joe Wilson (S.C.)

#27     Jul 29, 2011
  8. Yes, I agree, which is likely why they're so focused on defense.

I see Boehner turned the bulk of the House TPers on the vote this evening. That's going to have...repercussions...

As far as the next presidential election goes, I fully expect the GOP to get harshly split and hand the thing to Obama all nicely wrapped up. There is a very serious idealogical divide in the GOP camp, as there bloody well should be given the current mess, and Dems are doing everything they can to encourage an outright schism.

So far, they're succeeding.

Don't confuse play-by-play for endorsement. As far as fixing things goes, all three sides have shown equivalent unwillingness or inability to "get under the hood and fix it".

#28     Jul 29, 2011
  9. bone

bone

Fortunately, you are wildly incorrect.

Shall I remind you in November of 2012 ?

#29     Jul 29, 2011