NO FED CUT = short the MKT

Discussion in 'Economics' started by theShadow, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Looks like we are setting up for a recovery high of 940 on the SP Cash index.

Markets will have a rough time moving through those leves.

Plus, don't we always seem to rally during options expiration week?

Time to start adding puts....

BB

#11     Aug 14, 2002
  2. Thanks for selling to me on the bottom today! I owe you lunch at Mortons!

#12     Aug 14, 2002
  3. NDQnCA

NDQnCA Guest

wow- you are a genius- not only was this the obvious thing to do- short the news (and the subsequent run-up on panicked covering) yes, nice day for me :) but i am enthralled by how you were able to come up with that especially the day AFTER the no rate cut and the market sell-off........did you watch it sell off on tuesday and then on wednsday decide that hey the market went down- i think my call is to short it- you should get a job as an analyst or broker- you could make calls like this and when a stock misses earnings badly and lowers guidance, you can be the first to downgrade it the next morning- they sure work hard for their cash, those ANALlysts.........:D

just playing with ya :D

#13     Aug 14, 2002
  4. Hmmm, weird, why not cover them, and then short again at the top??? :cool: Although, IMHO, we are close to the bottom, so the shorters who have been making some good $ might have to be very careful very soon.

<b>
    The more shorts are still open, the more volatility we can expect IMHO.
    </b>
    Yes, but that volatility may be a bit one-sided.

#14     Aug 14, 2002
  5. place a stop at today's high

your decision on when to cover...

#15     Aug 15, 2002
  6. after your great prediction of "no rate cut-short the market", I thought you would have retired by now.

How bout opening up your specific trading records? That's priceless information!

What a joke!

Vinny

#16     Aug 16, 2002
  7. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Shadow just put all his shorts into his long term portfolio. :D

#17     Aug 16, 2002
  8. yeah, great call man...you're a true genius. the truth is, everyone here needs to admit they can't predict sh!t....but then again, it's not about predicting anyway........

#18     Aug 17, 2002