No Fantasy - ES Scalping Reality

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by jeb9999, Jun 4, 2009.

1. GiantDog

GiantDog

Donny admits his trading was turning to crap so he needed something new to motivate himself. I guess getting 20 "jellies" to cough up 7.5K was the way to get himself back on track.

#81     Sep 6, 2009
  2. I posted the same response in two threads becasue the same nonsense was posted in two threads.

Countering nonsense is now a scam?

Any one who bothers to read my posts here at ET and Don Miller's posts in his blog can clearly see two different styles of writing and two different people.

I am not Don Miller. I have never met Don Miller. I have never spoken with Don Miller, I have never sent an email or IM to Don Miller. Months ago I made a total of three comments posts on Don Miller's blog.

I like Don Miller because he is a successful professional trader and he writes an interesting and useful blog. Not so good that the blog has gone downhill since Don Miller has been putting all his time into his jellie training. Anyone who makes the effort can learn something about trading by reading Don Miller's free blog.

Most people who object to Don Miller do so because he is charging a hefty fee for trading education. Why shouldn't Don Miller charge what people are willing to pay for trading education? Or should Don Miller train traders for free like all the great philanthropists of Wall Street and LaSalle Street do?

Would I pay Don Miller $10,000 for trader education? No I would not for the simple reason that I don't want to be a scalper. I know what scalping is all about (been there, done that) and I am not psychologically suited to be a scalper. Most of the people here at ET aren't psychologically suited to be any type of trader, so they shouldn't pay Don Miller or anyone else $10,000 for trader education.

Don Miller is just a successful professional trader who had a very good year in 2008 and is clearly not a guru.

#82     Sep 9, 2009
  3. Fact remains, if Donny is making 1.6 mill scalping the ES, why would he try making money any other way? Would you?
    Thank about it...

#83     Sep 17, 2009
  4. Tiger Woods => Gillette commercials on tv, right now
    why would he try making money any other way {than golf}? Would you? Thank about it...

#84     Sep 17, 2009
  5. They are looking for 10pts every time they pull the trigger and averaging about 4-5 so far. Two or three trade opportunities per day. They expect to show profits on a weekly basis at first (not daily).

I would give them about a 80% chance of making it work long term.

Please don't pm me. I did this as a favor, and for the record, training people isn't fun,
    --------------------------------------------------
    Same with my fx trading. I look at my p/l at the end of the month. day to day is almost meaningless. Like today I think I lost on about 4 trades and won one but i am down for today, tihnk i was down yesterday as well....how much? Don't care. I am still up about 8% this month. that's what I keep my eye on.

I only know one trade who claims to mkae money every day....I am fine with losing days, even losing weeks.

#85     Sep 17, 2009
  6. GiantDog

GiantDog

In Don't blogs he used to write about just hanging up his mouse and stop trading. I think getting into the education business is a way to do that and still make money.

#86     Sep 18, 2009
  7. GiantDog

GiantDog

Tiger likes to see himself on TV, in the magazines, on the radio, in the mirror, you name it. He has the ego the size of Jupiter. Since his game is falling off, I suppose we will see more of him so he can cash out before it's too late.

Does this sound anything like Don Miller to you? It does to me.

#87     Sep 18, 2009
  8. yes, yes. exactly. both are washed up and at risk of sliding into poverty. cash out now, before its too late

fortunately for you, all the real pro traders congregate right here at et. youre surrounded by true experts of the industry. count your blessings

#88     Sep 18, 2009
  9. now you are on the right track, bloodhound

#89     Sep 18, 2009